PDA

View Full Version : colt m16 .22

johan-belgium
October 16, 2010, 06:36 AM
hi
i got my colt m16 .22 yesterday
the rifle was bought in belgium and i was surprised there where a few differences, between what i can read on the internet about the rifle and what i see on my rifle
first - the safety is not turning 180° between save and fire, but just 90°
second - the dust cover works fine and when you close it it stays closed
third - the rear receiver pin can be removed without any tools even without loosening the compensator
when you look at the video on the umarex website, they explain things different
does somebody know about modifications to the colt m16 or does somebody else have the same differences on their rifle
kind regards
johan

JIMSPD9
October 19, 2010, 02:37 PM
Ive had my Colt M-4/22 for about 1 year. My dust cover will not stay closed at all. Mine does not like old lead nosed bullets sometimes, but eats copper coated ammo like a hungry dog.

I try not to mix ammo, but I had about 1500 rnds of older 22s so I'll shoot'em till they are gone.
Tighten the small allen screw in the rear of the bolt carrier all the way in. It will help keep the weapon running with mixed ammo. I have had more fun with this little rifle.

I mounted a Rock River elevated scope mount on the rail and an inexpensive scope from Tasco. It looks great and it is a tack driver now.

Since squirrel season opened last Saturday, hot diggity dam. Fried squirrel, onion gravy and cat head biscuits for breakfast. That's real big biscuits to you Yankees. Ain't life grand???

Hope you have fun with your new rifle. Be safe

Jim S.

Quentin2
October 19, 2010, 04:19 PM
I got the M4 .22LR version here in the USA a few months ago and it does have the 180 degree fire/safety selector, floppy dust cover and needs the flash hider loosened before the takedown pin can be moved.

Don't know if Walther has recently made mods or not but those would be welcome improvements. I can't complain too much though, mine is an accurate reliable shooter.

Magog
January 22, 2011, 05:26 AM
Yes, My M16 22 also has 180 safty.

eats copper heads like a hungry dog... Awesome, I will try em out.

Thanks.