PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Mini 14??

abelacres
October 5, 2010, 07:22 PM
I was browsing through the sporting goods at Wal-Mart in Phenix City Ala and I saw a Ruger Mini 14 for $617.00

Has anyone else seen one?
Is Wal-Mart starting to actually carry a "variety" of rifles?:eek:
Or has my local Wally World in FL just been lagging behind?:(

DiscoRacing
October 5, 2010, 07:29 PM
Seen one here also... in Hurricane WV.

TMackey
October 5, 2010, 07:29 PM
Our local Wally has had mini's in the case forever. :D

Maybe it has something to do with it being the "patron state of shooting stuff". lol

chris in va
October 5, 2010, 07:33 PM
I don't think it's anything special, the WM here and the one in VA I lived next to had one in the rack.

zombieslayer
October 5, 2010, 07:55 PM
I bought a Mini-14 at WalMart in Apopka about 8 months ago. It has a really nice wood stock and shoots as well as my Tac model. I paid $599 + tax.

DiscoRacing
October 5, 2010, 07:56 PM
Not to hijack this one...but...has anyone seen 50 caliber hornady XTP bullets in any Walmart??

rickyrick
October 5, 2010, 08:09 PM
Yes purchased a mini at wally.......its not uncommon to find a 30 dollar price difference within a few miles of another wal-mart so find the one with the cheapest, they'll order one if out of stock...they also match prices. if you see one it probly will be gone the next time.

abelacres
October 5, 2010, 08:20 PM
I guess my local Wally is just lacking...this one had about twice as many long guns as the one in Marianna.

On the other hand, I didn't see any muzzle loaders here and my local has a whole section.

I was just curious- I tend to buy most of my guns at pawn shops (used).

I wouldn't mind a Mini though...shame WM doesn't do layaway any more.:D

ritepath
October 5, 2010, 08:48 PM
Just walk up and ask the counter person for the special order catalog for firearms. You'll be really surprised at the stuff they can order for you.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/SpecialOrderGunCatalog.pdf

Hambo the Great
October 5, 2010, 09:02 PM
Just to let you know, Wal-Mart still does lay-a-way on guns!!! At least all three here in Tyler, TX do.

abelacres
October 5, 2010, 09:10 PM
ritepath - WOW. Thanks for the link.

WVfishguy
October 5, 2010, 11:12 PM
DiscoRacing, the Wal-Mart in Huntington had a Mini-14 also.

zombieslayer
October 5, 2010, 11:19 PM
Lots of people hate WalMart. I get frustrated with them, but you have to love being able to pick up a Mini, a couple hundred rounds, some pancake mix, sparkplugs, and a new blender all in one trip. 7 days a week.

Giovanni
October 6, 2010, 02:36 AM
No firearms in any Walmarts close to me. Around here people only buy sling shots:eek:

John

rickyrick
October 6, 2010, 05:49 AM
The all-knowing wal-mart super computer decides what each wally stocks so they don't waste time selling rifles in a gun hater nieghborhood.

Giovanni
October 6, 2010, 07:13 AM
Yea Rick, that computer is some kind of smart. This town has goose crossing warning signs; million dollar electonic road signs that remind you to fasten your seat belt, four red light cameras. Week end recreation includes riding those funny looking bicycles in speedos. :barf:

When I was moving in 5 years ago, I had packed all of my firearms in the trunk of two cars. I waited to see everything was quiet and moved them into my new residence. Within 10 minutes the police was in my parking lot. They stayed there for about 1 hour.

Next time, I'll do my demographic research.

John

OH, I forgot the lake in front of my house. You have to file off the barb of the hook; then release. :eek:

Teirst
October 6, 2010, 07:36 AM
Just be happy that your wal mart sells firearms at all.

Here in MS it is a NO-GO

Art Eatman
October 6, 2010, 09:33 PM
As near as I can tell, any gun-selling WalMart has only one or two people who can handle the transactions, and they're usually not all that swift on laws and regulations. So, Wally apparently doesn't sell guns in high-hassle-factor states, or not often. Other factors include demographics of an area and any $$$/sq-ft/month in store sales.

For instance, the Wally's in Thomasville, Georgia, and in both Uvalde and Odessa, Texas, have expanded their shooting and outdoor sections. The Wally's in Trinidad, Colorado, has a pretty good gun section and a wide variety of ammo...

EdInk
October 6, 2010, 09:58 PM
Do any of them sell the tactical model or at least come with a 20rd magazine?

rickyrick
October 7, 2010, 10:46 AM
no, I havent ever seen a tactical at wally, just the ranch with a 5 rounder. if the tactical was a choice, i think that they would sell a bunch of them. never seen a mini thirty there either.

I wonder if they would special order one.

zombieslayer
October 7, 2010, 11:19 AM
I've seen a mini-30 at walmart before.

Omaha-BeenGlockin
October 7, 2010, 03:08 PM
If you look at the catalog in the store---the first page or two shows the store mod---which is what they'll mostly have on hand.

The Omaha stores no longer carry guns--but the Council Bluffs store across the river still does---you can buy long guns across state lines----they expanded the area in the store and there is always someone behind the counter when I've been in there.

TXGunNut
October 7, 2010, 07:16 PM
Wally World in Trinidad probably benefits from it's proximity to Whittington Center. Seems I'm not the only one who can't seem to bring enough ammo when I drop by there.

nefprotector
October 7, 2010, 08:35 PM
Im just a few miles from you. I have never seen a Mini in Wal Marts around Lee or Chambers Co. The Crappy Pawn shop here has them. But the prices are UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Upward from your Wal Mart gun.

Kmar40
October 8, 2010, 09:38 PM
Little known fact, at many WM's you can order almost anything, including any of the Ruger Minis.

I don't think I've seen any ARs in their catalog but I may go check next time I'm there.

zombieslayer
October 8, 2010, 10:36 PM
You may be able to order "sporting" AR's like some of the Remingtons. They will order a bunch of different stuff. The one near me has a big catalog.

Kmar40
October 8, 2010, 10:54 PM
Yeah, big catalog, plus they can call their wholesaler (Lipseys I think) and check for anything that isn't in the catalog.

I'd still rather use a local gundealer, but I was surprised.

M3 Pilot
October 9, 2010, 05:02 PM
Giovanni- Doing the demographic research. Cary=Containment Area for Relocated Yankees.

hooligan1
October 9, 2010, 05:30 PM
Wallysmart, here in Indep. Mo. has the Mini....They also have the Savage Edge and the Weatherby, etc. Oodles of shotguns and 1/2 dozen black-powder guns. No Hornady's though there Disco.

Giovanni
October 9, 2010, 08:07 PM
Giovanni- Doing the demographic research. Cary=Containment Area for Relocated Yankees.

You're right I need reinforcements.

John