View Full Version : How Carry Full Moon Clips?

May 14, 2000, 01:47 PM
How do you carry (IDPA approved) Full Moon clips?

May 14, 2000, 07:05 PM
Dillon catalog (Blue Press) has belt holders for full moon clips. They work well.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times to spit on his hands,hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." H.L. Mencken

May 16, 2000, 07:18 PM
ditto, they work great. i used them with a S&W 625 45 revolver. they are very smooth on the draw. i think the web site is www.dillonpercision.com (http://www.dillonpercision.com)

454Casull when it absolutely Has to be destroyed.

Daniel Watters
May 18, 2000, 01:23 AM
However, someone heavy with the rulebook might complain since the Shoot the Moon and similiar moon-clip carriers are based on the IDPA-banned Safariland CD-2 speedloader carriers.

Billy Sparks
May 18, 2000, 07:55 AM
I emailed IDPA asking if the moon clip carriers that Dillon sells were legal. The answer I got back was --

"The moonclip holders that are allowed are the ones with the center post.I believe Dillon is one of the suppliers."

The moonclip holders I got from Dillon have the center post so I would have to say that they are legal. :cool:

Daniel Watters
May 18, 2000, 10:03 PM
Bizarre...then why is the Safariland CD-2 still illegal?

[This message has been edited by Daniel Watters (edited May 18, 2000).]

May 20, 2000, 08:43 AM
The CD-2 has no center post.
I have used a CD-2 for about ten years to carry a spare loader when I step out of the office. It has never been a problem. I think it should be allowed in IDPA.
Neil Casper

Daniel Watters
May 20, 2000, 05:31 PM
I can't see why the lack of a center post should make the CD-2 illegal. If that is the only complaint then why is the CD-6 also illegal? The wearer's belt divides the held cartridges.