PDA

View Full Version : How Carry Full Moon Clips?

byrdman
May 14, 2000, 01:47 PM
How do you carry (IDPA approved) Full Moon clips?

BillX
May 14, 2000, 07:05 PM
Dillon catalog (Blue Press) has belt holders for full moon clips. They work well.

------------------
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times to spit on his hands,hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." H.L. Mencken

smoney
May 16, 2000, 07:18 PM
ditto, they work great. i used them with a S&W 625 45 revolver. they are very smooth on the draw. i think the web site is www.dillonpercision.com (http://www.dillonpercision.com)

------------------
454Casull when it absolutely Has to be destroyed.

Daniel Watters
May 18, 2000, 01:23 AM
However, someone heavy with the rulebook might complain since the Shoot the Moon and similiar moon-clip carriers are based on the IDPA-banned Safariland CD-2 speedloader carriers.

Billy Sparks
May 18, 2000, 07:55 AM
I emailed IDPA asking if the moon clip carriers that Dillon sells were legal. The answer I got back was --

"The moonclip holders that are allowed are the ones with the center post.I believe Dillon is one of the suppliers."

The moonclip holders I got from Dillon have the center post so I would have to say that they are legal. :cool:

Daniel Watters
May 18, 2000, 10:03 PM
Bizarre...then why is the Safariland CD-2 still illegal?

[This message has been edited by Daniel Watters (edited May 18, 2000).]

Cat
May 20, 2000, 08:43 AM
The CD-2 has no center post.
I have used a CD-2 for about ten years to carry a spare loader when I step out of the office. It has never been a problem. I think it should be allowed in IDPA.
Neil Casper

Daniel Watters
May 20, 2000, 05:31 PM
I can't see why the lack of a center post should make the CD-2 illegal. If that is the only complaint then why is the CD-6 also illegal? The wearer's belt divides the held cartridges.