PDA

View Full Version : Update: New Mini 14 Not Cycling

ScottNKy
August 12, 2010, 06:14 AM
I wanted to provide an update on the problems I was having with a newly-purchased Mini 14. Details on the problems here:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418266

I sent the rifle in to Ruger for repair. They received it this past Monday, and I got this update from them this morning:

Response:
Your Mini went to shipping prep today.It should be on it`s way soon.
They changed the bolt and repaired the slide.
Thank you for your patience.

So, I have mixed emotions. On one hand, that's pretty quick turnaround, and I appreciate that. On the other hand, I'm disappointed that a rifle with a bad bolt and a defective slide made its way through whatever passes for quality control at Ruger.

Oh well, maybe they'll throw a GP100 in the box to compensate me for my trouble...(yeah, right) :rolleyes:

geetarman
August 12, 2010, 08:33 AM
Please get back with us after you take the Mini to the range.

Geetarman:D

ScottNKy
August 12, 2010, 09:08 AM
Will do.

KMO
August 13, 2010, 05:44 AM
On the other hand, I'm disappointed that a rifle with a bad bolt and a defective slide made its way through whatever passes for quality control at Ruger.

I hope they will offer you some specifics regarding why they replaced these two parts. It leaves us guessing...:confused:

ScottNKy
August 13, 2010, 08:24 AM
Yeah, it leaves me guessing too. If they don't volunteer the information, I'll press them for details.

thesheepdog
August 13, 2010, 08:33 AM
So, I have mixed emotions. On one hand, that's pretty quick turnaround, and I appreciate that. On the other hand, I'm disappointed that a rifle with a bad bolt and a defective slide made its way through whatever passes for quality control at Ruger.

That's Ruger for you these days.

zombieslayer
August 13, 2010, 09:22 AM
That's 100% better than the way Smith&Wesson treated me! And they thanked you for your patience?! Wow. I didn't even get a note and they had my guns way longer! Let us know how it shoots!

ScottNKy
August 13, 2010, 09:36 AM
That's 100% better than the way Smith&Wesson treated me!

Yeah, I read through that thread, and it sounds like you got treated pretty poorly by them. I can't complain (yet) about Ruger's customer service. Now, if I get the rifle back and I'm still having problems.........:mad:

zombieslayer
August 13, 2010, 10:27 AM
Yeah I've always had bad luck with most things mechanical. I would be the guy who buys 2 and they're bad. What model is your Mini?

Art Eatman
August 13, 2010, 10:40 AM
Update us again on the performance after you get some trigger time...