PDA

View Full Version : Free Cast Bullets Giveaway 100 Hollowpoints

DiscoRacing
July 24, 2010, 10:55 AM
From this day forward(at least the remainder of the current year). Compliments of :cool:DISCORACING:cool: and :eek:ILLINOISCOYOTEHUNTER:eek: we will be giving away 100 rds of cast hollow point bullets to one user per month, absolutely FREE!!!

From Illinois Coyote Hunter
Here is what I am willing to do. I am willing to do a free give away of 100 cast hollow points, in .358' or .452"...sized and lubed, or naked. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide gas checks for either size, but can cast them in either plain base or gas check (if you have the gas checks).

From Disco Racing
I would say that to qualify, all contestants must make at least one post in the casting forum for that month. All users that qualify would be entered by myself and drawn at random via the(name in a box)method, by my lovely assistant(My 14yr old daughter). Winner would be posted at that time and must forward mailing address info. Limit to one winning per user per calender year. ... Preferably actual useful posts...I can help you out with shipping cost and lead/if needed.

Per I C H the contest will start today for the remainder of this month. Any posts in the casting forum starting today will count for the contest. Any user posting in this forum will be automatically entered in the contest. One winner per month. Two runner up names will be drawn at the same time so that in the event that the winner does not want the accept his winnings the next in line will be notified. Winners will only be allowed one win per calender year(I think that is only fair to give others a chance.)

Members will have 72 hours from the time posted as winner to claim. After that you forfeit and the alternate/runner-up will be next in line.

DiscoRacing
July 24, 2010, 03:24 PM
Staff members eligible also:D

Shane Tuttle
July 24, 2010, 06:15 PM
Staff members eligible also

I wasn't so sure if it's best, but if you say so....:)

DiscoRacing
July 24, 2010, 06:16 PM
you can only win once per year:D:cool:

Shane Tuttle
July 24, 2010, 06:23 PM
Reason why I have a problem with it is Staff has the judgment call on editing/deleting posts that don't follow board rules. Having a "judge" in cahoots with the contest is, IMO, a conflict of interest and I don't want it to be unfair for regular members.

DiscoRacing
July 24, 2010, 06:30 PM
Yes I didnt think about it that way... How bout staff members not included may be more fair. I heard that Tuttle dont need em anyway.:cool:

DiscoRacing
July 24, 2010, 10:36 PM
Gotta post in the cast forum to enter fellas... get off the press and on the keyboard... you could win 100 bullets,,free,, no purchase necessary,, no clams,,no taxes,, no withholding.... you know how much you could shoot with those???!!.. Probably close to one hundred rounds... give or take.:eek:

DiscoRacing
July 25, 2010, 06:12 PM
12 in the runnin for this month....:D

armoredman
July 25, 2010, 06:30 PM
Thank you for this opportunity. I don't have a HP mould for the 38Spl, would be neat to make some FBI loads.

DiscoRacing
July 25, 2010, 06:31 PM
:eek:Your in... Good Luck!!:eek:

GP100man
July 25, 2010, 10:41 PM
How `bout different styles that we all have , oldies like the 357446 , classics like 358429 or 358156 ????

Edward429451
July 26, 2010, 01:41 AM
Just make a post anywhere in the Bullet Casting forum about anything, or actually start a thread?

DiscoRacing
July 26, 2010, 07:24 AM
Just make a post anywhere in the Bullet Casting forum about anything

Correcto Mundo... this one.. and... your already in for July.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
July 26, 2010, 11:43 AM
Am I in on the drawing?? :p ;)

DiscoRacing
July 26, 2010, 12:48 PM
Yes..of course.:D

GP100man
July 26, 2010, 07:35 PM
IDEAL 358156 GC removed

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx110/GP100man/102_0012.jpg

DiscoRacing
July 26, 2010, 07:39 PM
By the looks a them beauties... I need to get into your free giveaway.:(

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
July 26, 2010, 08:14 PM
Alright, Rich, if yer gonna wet some appetites, I guess I should too... :p :D

220 grn .452" HP Plain-based or Gas-checked

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh119/kage1339/DSC00990.jpg

170 grn .358" HP Plain-based or Gas-checked

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh119/kage1339/noe003.jpg

200 grn .452" HP (Option of round HP or Penta HP) Plain base only... great in 45 ACP

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh119/kage1339/Mihec45HP005.jpg

DiscoRacing
July 26, 2010, 09:19 PM
You two stop that:(

reloader28
July 27, 2010, 07:54 AM
Do those hex hollow points mushroom or expand better than the round hole ones?
Does it split right down those lines?

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
July 27, 2010, 01:09 PM
Reloader...yes, if your alloy is proper for your velocity. I haven't done any expansion tests yet, but have heard (and seen pictures of) guys having great results running 8-9 BHN alloy around 800-900 FPS (45acp).

GP100man
July 29, 2010, 06:45 PM
It`s really a balancing act between BHN & velocity to get a good expandin load & the HP not shatterin , splinterin or just collapsing on itself.

This is where a chronograph really pays for itself in load development !!!

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx110/GP100man/chrono-1.jpg

DiscoRacing
July 29, 2010, 07:30 PM
Looks like its a S&W staplegun?!:cool:

Edward429451
July 29, 2010, 07:38 PM
Am I in on the drawing??

No, that would be shenanigans. :D

Do you have any pics of expanded or shot 45's?

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
July 29, 2010, 07:48 PM
No I do not have any pics of the expanded slugs. If you win the contest you can make your own expanded slugs, though. :D

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
July 29, 2010, 07:49 PM
Rich, have your chrono'd that staple gun yet? :p

DiscoRacing
July 29, 2010, 07:51 PM
I was thinking that also... why do you chrono your staple gun??

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
July 29, 2010, 08:11 PM
You chrono your staple gun to know how fast your staples are flying. Duh! :rolleyes: :D

BTW, are you shooting the 3 grain Stanley-Bostich staples or the 4 grain Swingline staples? :D

Shane Tuttle
July 29, 2010, 08:53 PM
Jealousy brewing on this end of the monitor, folks.

TXGunNut
July 29, 2010, 09:47 PM
This thread is becoming more entertaining than the drawing it promotes. Shiny bullets, cool moulds, great pix. What more could we ask for?
If we start speculating about the relative ballistic coefficients of 3/8" staples vs 1/2 inch staples we'd be taking a serious risk of getting locked up, not talkin' 'bout the thread, either. ;)

DiscoRacing
July 29, 2010, 09:48 PM
500 magnum brass:eek:

TXGunNut
July 29, 2010, 09:52 PM
Which magnum?

DiscoRacing
July 29, 2010, 09:52 PM
S&W 500 mag.... cant find any once fired here... starline is backordered. No shootin for me for now.

TXGunNut
July 29, 2010, 10:18 PM
Try Buffalo Arms www.buffaloarms.com They have some, $57/100.

kraigwy
July 30, 2010, 03:46 PM
OK here is my post: Am I entered or should I say something, or post pictures of some casting projects?

DiscoRacing
July 30, 2010, 06:22 PM
should I say something,

Yes...Please say SOMETHING..

Shane Tuttle
July 30, 2010, 08:55 PM
The decision on what constitutes an entry will be up to Disco and ICH. If I were to suggest, I think an intelligently entered post or pics that haven't been previously posted along with at least in exerpt on the context of said photo would be fine.

GP100man
July 30, 2010, 09:04 PM
Well fellas I had to get shut eye & missed out last nite !!!!

The staple gun name does start with a S but no &W & will make a staple go down range at 157.357 fps :D oh 5/16 length staple I did`nt have no 3/8 to compare to .

& I have an expanded HP around here somewhere , if I had`nt already remelted it !!!

Found it !!http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx110/GP100man/102_0371.jpg

DR ya gonna try full 500 loads with cast ????

DiscoRacing
July 30, 2010, 09:32 PM
Would like to use cast for shootin paper at least... I know nothing about gas checks tho... and I dont have brass yet either....its kind of been put on the back burner for now..

DiscoRacing
July 30, 2010, 09:45 PM
Tuttle says

The decision on what constitutes an entry will be up to Disco and ICH. If I were to suggest, I think an intelligently entered post or pics that haven't been previously posted along with at least in exerpt on the context of said photo would be fine.

Disco original post included....

Preferably actual useful posts

Meaning that the giveaway was intended to help out with expanding content and hoping to raise interest in the Casting forum...so I would hope that members would post content somewhat pertanant to the thread they are replying to... Of course joking around is always pleasant also..but I would hope that members would NOT reply to threads with nothing close to useful...just to get a shot at 100 free bullets.....Also to note would be the fact that a member can only win one time in a calender year anyway.

I, myself dont mind a sense of humor,, so I trust that members will try to post useful replies that actually have useful/helpful info equal to or exceeding the humorous posts.

Also to note is that ICH and myself are NOT ENTERED in the drawing, of course,,and that it was discussed briefly and concluded that staff members should not be entered as it may be a conflict of interest due to them posting to regulate other members' posts.

DiscoRacing
August 1, 2010, 09:05 AM
Drawing was held this morn and this months winner is DavidAGO. I have sent you a pm.

TXGunNut
August 1, 2010, 09:08 AM
Congrats, DavidAGO! Thanks DR and ICH!

DiscoRacing
August 4, 2010, 08:47 AM
Unfortunately DavidAGO has not claimed his winning position this month and it will be forfeited... salvadore will be next in line to win this month and has been notified of this.... Congratulations salvadore...you have 72 hours to claim your prize.

DiscoRacing
August 5, 2010, 02:29 PM
DavidAGO has sent me a message stating that he was on vacation until today...since the 72 hour limit on claiming was not in place prior to his winning..he will still be sent the bullets that he won... If salvadore wishes he can still claim his bullets also...from this point forward, however, anyone winning will have only 72 hours to claim that win,,,,no exceptions, for it makes things complicated to know if the runner up is to be notified or not... Special thanks to ILLINOISCOYOTEHUNTER..for providing the bullets and shipping costs for this month.

Stick_man
August 15, 2010, 04:07 AM
Dang, guys! Those are some fine looking bullets ya got there. I'd like to see how yours compare to mine. :)

DiscoRacing
September 2, 2010, 12:38 PM
Having computer problems here.... drawing for august will be made this evening...if this pc dont leave me hanging high and dry..... 52 names going into the hat.... GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!

DiscoRacing
September 2, 2010, 01:31 PM
Winner for August is Pahoo... You will be notified be pm...and have 72 hours to pm me back your info... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

armoredman
September 2, 2010, 01:37 PM
Well done, sir!
I don't have a Chrony any more, mine was a victim of "friendly fire" some years ago...:(

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
September 24, 2010, 07:47 AM
Sorry I have been soooo slow getting these boolits out. I have been extremely busy at work. Thanks for being patient!

TXGunNut
September 25, 2010, 09:07 AM
Damn shame about that work thing, ICH.;) Unfortunately for me the equation is "no work=no toys". These days I'm very thankful to be working. Thanks for your efforts on the boolit giveaway, they'll be worth waiting for.

barthmonster
October 10, 2010, 10:55 PM
Newbie here... Where do you get a mold like that, I've never seen anything like it ? That's obviousl a step-up or so from the Lee aluminum jobs I have...

Adeodatus
October 10, 2010, 11:03 PM
NIIIICCE!!!!!!! count me in bro!!! those .358s are sounding miiiiiighty fine :)

barthmonster
October 17, 2010, 07:46 PM
Notice how I asked a stupid question about that pretty brass mold hoping it would automatically enter me for those incredible-looking boolits !! (lol)

ACP230
October 24, 2010, 11:48 AM
Good looking bullets you got there.
I like the hollowpoint .45s!

armoredman
November 6, 2010, 10:54 PM
Pardon me, is this still going on?

howlnmad
November 8, 2010, 04:59 PM
I sure hope it's still going on. My S&W would love to have 100 holler points run through it :D.

armoredman
November 12, 2010, 07:09 PM
Perhaps the production difficulties hinted at earlier means it's on hiatus for a while. OK.

TXGunNut
November 12, 2010, 10:23 PM
Too bad. Never got around to chrono-ing my staple gun. BC of 3/8 and 1/2" staples seems to be equally dismal.

armoredman
November 12, 2010, 10:27 PM
I was told there is a communications glitch, so stand by.

TXGunNut
November 12, 2010, 11:19 PM
I just like looking @ the boolits and reading about casting them. Cool stuff! If the drawings inspire more interest that's cool with me. If my boolits were a bit better and the caster was a bit more experienced I'd be shipping boolits.

Doby45
November 15, 2010, 03:27 PM
Newbie here... Where do you get a mold like that, I've never seen anything like it ? That's obviousl a step-up or so from the Lee aluminum jobs I have...

http://www.mp-molds.com/

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
November 24, 2010, 03:55 PM
OK, back on line here. Have had some serious family health problems which put a strain on the family business. Been working long hours. So, I know I owe some people some boolits and I just need to kow who they are. I have quite a few cast already, so all I need to do is ship. I have been away sooo long and I do apologize. Disco, if u can update me as to whats going on with this I would sure appreciate it. Thanks!!! (and it is good to finally be back hangin' with y'all!!!) :D

armoredman
November 24, 2010, 05:27 PM
No problem family always comes first! Hope all is well at home now.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
November 24, 2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks! Things are getting better, but we aren't out of the woods yet! Lung cancer finally caught up to my uncle after all those years he smoked. He quit 15 years ago and was recently diagnosed. He is now getting chemo AND radiation. All we can do is hope for the best.

DiscoRacing
November 24, 2010, 06:13 PM
Am getting info for ya ICH.... ive also has some problems...pc crash..twice..now a new one... will pm you later this eve.

grubbylabs
November 24, 2010, 06:23 PM
This is a great way to increase interest in casting good for you guy's.

DiscoRacing
December 4, 2010, 08:06 AM
Back online and on track.... will draw for the month past this evenin...good luck to everyone. Best wishes to all!!!

DiscoRacing
December 4, 2010, 06:50 PM
Drawing results for November set armoredman as the winner for the month. I will forward you a PM for mailing info and you will have 72 hours to claim your 100 free HP bullets. Good luck to everyone for the upcoming month...Happy Holidays to ALL!!!.

snuffy
December 4, 2010, 07:15 PM
Quote:
http://www.mp-molds.com/

I just signed up to get a 4 cavity mold like the one Yotehunter has. Go here if you're really interested.

http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=97566

Looks like it will cost this much;

.45 - 4 cavity Hollowpoint Cramer in .452 - $120 + $16 extra pins + $20 freight = $156.00

armoredman
December 4, 2010, 09:09 PM
Thank you, looking forward to trying these out in my Smith Model 10! Thanks again!:cool:

DiscoRacing
December 4, 2010, 09:25 PM
I would like to get one of those molds... but dont shoot my cast quite as much now... since I got my .460XVR... Ive only used barnes in it so far.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
December 8, 2010, 09:02 AM
Disco....460 XVR huh?! Cool! I'd shoot cast in that all day long. I shoot cast in my 454 Casull....220 grn Gas check HP at 2200 FPS! 38 grns of 296 is my friend!!! Get yourself a good gas check mold, some gas checks, and some goodlube and you'll be fine!

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
December 8, 2010, 04:05 PM
DAVIDAGO and ARMOREDMAN.... you guys have some goodies in the mail! :D

ENJOY!!!

armoredman
December 10, 2010, 11:32 PM
Thank you, got mine today, VERY nice! Loaded up some right away, even if I can't make it to the range for a week or so.

Miata Mike
December 10, 2010, 11:37 PM
Makes me want to consider cast bullets. Can't be much different than the plated ones I use right now.

armoredman
December 11, 2010, 11:54 AM
Cast is much better than that - nothing like shooting bullets you made yourself.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
December 11, 2010, 12:12 PM
Glad you like them. Hopefully they shoot well for you. Be sure to weigh them. I put some flat points in the box also. :D

Rangefinder
December 11, 2010, 12:13 PM
Cast is much better than that - nothing like shooting bullets you made yourself.

Amen to that. I cast for nearly everything I shoot and love everything about it. There are few things so satisfying as going to check your 50 yard target and seeing one ragged hole made from bullets spit out of a rifle as old as your grandparents that were formerly spinning on a truck wheel just a few short months prior. Reloading is so the recreation shooter can shoot more. CASTING is so the shooting addict can feed the addiction off the range as well as on... :D

"Hi. My name is Jim, and I'm a bullet caster. It's really hard for me to go a single day without doing something with my cast bullets..."

snuffy
December 11, 2010, 01:38 PM
Just in case some of you that cast would want a mold such as what made the bullets yotehunter has been sending, mihec is making another run of these molds over on castboolits.

http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=97566

Still plenty of time to get in on it. It WILL be next year though, he's swamped with mold orders. You would have to register and then post on that thread to reserve one. It's a 4 cav, can be had in .452 and .454 with round tapered HP and pentagonal HP pins. I'm not sure,but I believe the pins turned around backwards results in no HP, just a flat point.

Yes you can cast solids with the HP mold, just put the pins in backwards and they provide a flat point, works quite well. For high volume casting with a solid just get the mold without pins.
(triggerhappy from cast boolits)

Answered my own question,( doing a BULL slap to the forehead).

here's some expansion tests done by Bob on cast boolits;

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=67948

Myself, I can't wait for it to come!

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
December 11, 2010, 01:46 PM
Snuffy, you wont be disappointed.

reloader28
December 12, 2010, 12:12 AM
I guess since I'm planning on winning some of those boolits in the near future, you can just send mine now and get it over with. It might save some hassle.:D;)

DiscoRacing
December 12, 2010, 06:59 AM
what month is that to be Reloader???!!! LoL...:cool:

DiscoRacing
December 12, 2010, 09:18 PM
WE are working on getting more sizes/styles of bullets available also for the monthly giveaway for the upcoming year. Good luck to all in the upcoming year...Merry Xmas and Happy New Casting Year to all.

reloader28
December 12, 2010, 11:11 PM
"What month?"

I'm not picky, just impatient.:)

lashlaroe
December 14, 2010, 02:47 PM
Wow!

Just found this thread as a pretty new member. Those are beautiful cast bullets there gentlemen! I would love some of any of them to jumpstart my return to reloading.

Looks like I'd better start lurking about the cast bullet section on a regular basis...:D

armoredman
December 28, 2010, 07:19 PM
After some unavoidable delays, got to fire some of my gift boolits - nice, very nice, quite accurate in my Smith Model 10-8! Thanks!

DiscoRacing
January 8, 2011, 08:08 PM
My Appologies to members for being late with the drawing for the month of Dec... Have been out of town but will be back in the morn. Will finish my paperwork and post results sometime tomorrow.

Shane Tuttle
January 9, 2011, 05:41 PM
Here's a link to a thread with added volunteers:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432893

DiscoRacing
January 9, 2011, 05:54 PM
Drawing held for the December giveaway... There are a few members here that have bullets available.... Illinois Coyote Hunter, GP100man and Rangefinder.

Please Pm me within 72 hours with the bullets that you want...

WINNER FOR DECEMBER IS Wag

Congratulations Wag!!!

Wag
January 29, 2011, 10:31 PM
They're here!

Finally went to the mailbox yesterday and there were the bullets Rangefinder sent!

I can't wait to try 'em out but it's probably going to be a while. I just finished using up all my .357 and .38 brass a few weeks ago and haven't been out shooting those pistols since then. Maybe next weekend....

I'll let you know how they perform!

Thanks a million!

--Wag--

GP100man
October 9, 2011, 10:22 AM
He asked that I update my pics & I`ve been busy with new job & back to school , mowing . Where does time go ???:confused:

That`s my story & stiking to it !!!

Anyways I did pick up a nice nused Lyman Mag 20 furnace :D & got it going

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx110/GP100man/102_0620.jpg

Got a couple of moulds worked on (Happy BD to me ;) )

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx110/GP100man/102_0583.jpg

& finally got a chance to melt some lead & try out the new furnace & moulds !!!
Had to tweak the theremostat a bit ( like my lead on the warm side) but it`s as good as a LNIB furnace !!!!!

Here`s the main line up of 38/357 cast bullets that I have molds for .

The Big rnfp is the NOE mould ICH owned at one time !!! & NO ya can`t have it back ICH

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx110/GP100man/102_0622.jpg

I also have some traditional 44 moulds .

As you can see most are plain based.

Enjoy

TXGunNut
October 9, 2011, 10:33 AM
Looking good! Great to be back at it, it seems. Mowing hasn't been a distraction this year, only mowed 3 times so far because of the drought so I've had plenty of time to play this summer. :rolleyes:

Miata Mike
October 10, 2011, 10:52 PM
I envy you guys that cast your own. I see ingots locally for sale and think about making the plunge. ;)

I don't shoot as much as I would like with purchased bullets. :mad:

Rangefinder
October 11, 2011, 01:51 AM
When you've hoarded lead the was some of us have, shooting comes down to the cost of a primer and a little powder. With my 40S&W that's about $0.04 a shot. Pretty tough to argue with those prices and the results I get wouldn't make me even think about factory ammo or bullets in the thing unless I just needed the brass and they already had the factory junk stuffed in the end. My HP cast bullets perform better than any factory HP I've tried---double win on that one.

WRustyLane
November 11, 2011, 08:45 PM
Is it too late to post for this?

TNT
November 27, 2011, 12:03 PM
is it to late for this?

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
November 27, 2011, 12:07 PM
We started this contest to get people to post in the forum. I think we should make this a thread where people can ask for certain bullets they want to try in a gun, perhaps before they fork up the cash to buy a mold.

So what do you guys think. Maybe call it the bullet swap section? Make it kinda like a PIF section?

grubbylabs
November 27, 2011, 02:22 PM
When you've hoarded lead the was some of us have, shooting comes down to the cost of a primer and a little powder. With my 40S&W that's about $0.04 a shot. Pretty tough to argue with those prices and the results I get wouldn't make me even think about factory ammo or bullets in the thing unless I just needed the brass and they already had the factory junk stuffed in the end. My HP cast bullets perform better than any factory HP I've tried---double win on that one.

It costs me about 2.40 per box of 50 for my 45 auto.

I would be happy to swap bullets and just plain share some with others, A bullet swap is a great idea.

Here is what I cast

45/70 RNFP 400 grain sized to .460 and tumble lubed with a gas check

45 auto RNFP 230 grain .452 tumble lubed

44 cal LSWC 240 grain sized grain .430 tumble lubed

44 cal RNFP 265 grain sized .430 Tumble lubed with a gas check

54 cal round ball

I would be interested in trying some 30 cal bullets for my 308 and 300 win mag.

I will ship all of mine sized and lubed with Gas check installed.:)

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
November 27, 2011, 02:28 PM
Grubby, do you have any 30 cal gas checks?

Any idea what you bore slugs at on those 30 cals?

grubbylabs
November 27, 2011, 02:40 PM
I don't have any thing for 30 cal, just the guns and Hornady bullets. I have not slugged either bore.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
November 27, 2011, 02:48 PM
I would suggest shooting cast from the 308. The 300 win mag is a huge case and could pose some problems getting lower charge weights of powders to burn consistently. It may require dacron filler and IMHO that is just a pain in the butt.

PLUS, as you already know, cast rifle bullets are GENERALLY shot at lower velocities than jacketed. I would wager to bet you are looking for something around the 2000-2200 FPS range?

Find out what your bore slugs at and then let me know. Unfortunately it will probably slug at .308, and I don't have a .309 sizer die. BUT, I do have a .308 and .314. .308 would probably work just fine in a .308 bore. Let me know!

grubbylabs
November 27, 2011, 04:08 PM
I will see what I can do about slugging the bores. My Lyman book as loads for the 300 win so I thought I would give it a try.

The only soft lead I have is 54 cal so I will have to see what I can do to get something down that small.:D

Rangefinder
April 11, 2012, 02:45 PM
So what do you guys think. Maybe call it the bullet swap section? Make it kinda like a PIF section?

WOW, I've been slacking a bit--didn't even catch this until now!

Yes, I'm all for it. I'm gonna have to go back and update my mold selection one of these days.

Mike / Tx
May 5, 2013, 05:58 AM
Well this has more or less just been sitting here with little to no activity. Right now, I know I have seen several of us who are pouring up some decent HP's from various newer molds and designs.

It was proposed in the last post that this might be sort of a "Pay it Forward" or "Bullet Swap" type thread. So what say you folks, would any of you guys be willing to do a little swapping around, here or there?

I know there are several who are looking at the newer MP molds but either cannot or really don't want to drop the hammer on them due to price.

I have several MP molds in different calibers and designs ranging from 357 through 452.

I also have an assortment of Lee RFN molds in 357, 41, 44, and 452, with some being GC types as well.

I don't have the lube sizer, or any amount of GC's that I could dispose of, but don't mind swapping out some alloy for some bullets here or there.

m&p45acp10+1
May 7, 2013, 03:46 PM
I do not have hollow points. I do have some Hollow Base .459 Round Nose Flat Points for .45-70 Gov't. They will also work for reduced loads in .450 Marlin, .458 Win Mag, and .458 Wby. Mag. They are standard lube grove type. Would be sent unlubed (or I will lube them with LLA which is how I use them.). They drop at about .460 They feed, and shoot great in my Marlin 1895.

I have some others as well.

All are Lee molds.

.41 Mag 210 grain Tumble Lube SWC I will

.358 Tuble Lube 158 Grain SWC

.452 Semi Wad Cutter non tuble lube standard type lube groove

All would be as cast. I do not have lubrisizer as of yet. I use Lee Liquid Allox on all of my cast bullets.

snuffy
May 8, 2013, 11:42 AM
Mike, I think this is a great idea. Kind of a "pay it forward".

I don't sell cast boolits. Or ammo loaded with them. I sometimes trade something for them, but most times I just give them away.

I have 4 of Miha's excellent brass molds. 3 of them make hollowpoint boolits, the 4th makes a close copy of the H&G 45 #68 200 SWC.

1 is a 45 ACP 200 rn-hp., with 2 of the HP's round and penta point.

2 is a 44 mag 240gr. plain base [Lyman 640 nose profile] with all three HP designs, small hp, large hp and the penta point hp.

3 is the H&G #68 200 SWC design. This boolit is NOT a HP, but CAN BE very accurate.

4 is the monster "grand canyon" 700 grain gas check for the 500 S&W magnum. It's also available with 3 HP designs, they vary lighter than 700 grains when cast in HP. The pins can be turned around to cast a solid boolit that does indeed weigh 700 grains.

I also have multiple molds for 45 acp. 9mm, 357 mag, 30 cal rifle, 8mm mauser, light boolits in 30 cal. handgun. And 2 .22 cal rifle. One in 7mm too. As well as many round ball molds, 2 lee key drive slug molds, several 45 cal rifle molds, and some I've probably forgot to mention.

I would certainly be able to send anybody some of these, enough to load some in a load work-up, then enough as well for a full box. 100 boolits should do that for most applications.

I would only expect re-payment for the shipping to your address. If you would feel lead to trade something or reimburse for my time, that's up to you.

This is busy time around here. Spring is planting/garden time. I'm also basically lazy!:p But being retired, time is abundant. I also may already have some boolits already cast and ready to load. I could slip a box in a flat rate shipper, get it in the mail. What I'm saying is; don't expect them overnight.:eek::D

millerwb
June 13, 2013, 07:03 PM
Snuffy, PM sent.

armsmaster270
June 13, 2013, 07:45 PM
I'll play, sighn me up please.

snuffy
June 28, 2013, 03:29 PM
Snuffy, PM sent.

Did you get them?

Old 454
June 28, 2013, 05:15 PM
As a new caster these would come in handy, please sihn me up also

Thank you for the oppertunity!

Mike / Tx
June 29, 2013, 07:47 AM
As mentioned above I have several molds and am hoping to have my 4500 sizer set up and running this weekend, but also have the Lee sizers in various calibers as well.

If your interested in something particular to try out before going all in on a mold shoot me a PM as well and we'll work out the details.

I'm not selling any amount of cast or loaded bullets, but can do a swap or trade out for shipping.

snuffy
June 30, 2013, 05:15 PM
I'll play, sign me up please.

As a new caster these would come in handy, please sign me up also

Thank you for the opportunity!

Okay, here's how it works. PM me or the others that have said they will send out some of their boolits for a trial run in your guns.

Here's the info I need.

1. caliber. That's the diameter of the bullet you need, and the weight you'd like to try.

2. Size you need. That's IF you have slugged your barrel, then I can say if I can size .001 - .002 bigger than your slug dimension. If you don't know what your barrel measures, then I will size to the standard for the caliber.

3. Do you need them sized at all? How about which lube you may want. I can change lubes, but it's a mess to do it with the Lyman 45's I have. Both are loaded right now with Lars red carnuba, it works great. I can also use the Recluse 45-45-10, and Lee Liquid Alox. I also have some speed green made by the bullshop.

Basically a simple request as to do I have a mold for your caliber? if I do, I may have to make some before I can send them.

I haven't counted lately, but a guess is I have over 50 molds, so there's a good chance I have what you need. The special group buy molds are VERY difficult to get. Sometimes the wait is 2 years. One I'm in on started in Nov. 2011, still not scheduled by Miha in Slovenia.

Sooooo if you want the hollow point bullets simply to try out, no problem. On the other hand, Lee makes most of the boolit molds I use. So you could try a bullet weight made by lee in your guns before getting one for yourself.

TXGunNut
July 3, 2013, 10:40 AM
I'm in. I have quite a few moulds and if I have bullets cast up I'll be happy to send you a sample if you'll just start a thread stating that you want to try a cast bullet for XYZ cartridge in ABC bullet weight, diameter or whatever. If I don't have it hopefully someone else will. Researching a suitable bullet mould is one thing, actually getting to test drive a few bullets is quite another. My lube options are limited to LLA and SPG because they work for me, haven't seen the need for others...yet.