PDA

View Full Version : Garage sale find pedersoli pistols

bsheets20061
June 13, 2010, 03:19 AM
I went yard saleing today and came across a set of 2 flintlock pistols they seemed to be a dualing set to me. I picked up and looked them over they were pretty cool looking and in great condition. I purchased them and took them home and closely looked them over they are a matching set of pedersoli queen anne flintlock 50 cal. pistols. they seem to be a stainless version with faces of some sort on the handles they are beautiful guns, stainless bbl's and trigger guard with brass trim and accents.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me anymore about these pistols. More about the maker, model, value, and any other information you could give me.

I would rate these pistols at 95/100 for condition

i appreciate any information

Murdock
June 13, 2010, 06:44 AM
The metal might be stainless, but be aware that Pedersoli makes some pretty nice stuff with steel in the white, so be prepared to keep it clean and oiled.

Rifleman1776
June 13, 2010, 07:13 AM
Pedersoli makes a lot of replica muzzle loading firearms. They could be OK to shoot or be just wall hangers. Find an experienced muzzle loader to look them over before trying to use. It is possible you have a good find there. Pictures would be nice.

PzGren
June 13, 2010, 08:59 AM
Pedersoli makes top of the line muzzle loaders and that is reflected in the prices. Their guns are made to shoot.

bsheets20061
June 13, 2010, 09:27 AM
would 120.00 be a good price for the pair? also i will work on the pictures when i get home. they may be steel the stainless is just a guess

Pahoo
June 13, 2010, 09:47 AM
would 120.00 be a good price for the pair?
From your perspective, I would not give it a second thought. You have given these orphans a good home. Congratulations !! ... :)

Be Safe !!!

jhenry
June 13, 2010, 09:51 AM
The are "in the white" and not stainless. Likely have never been fired except for proofing. I would post in the blackpowder forum with the information if I were you. $120.00 is a screaming good deal. No doubt.

PzGren
June 13, 2010, 10:05 AM
$300 would be a good price for a pair of Pedersoli flintlocks!

bsheets20061
June 13, 2010, 11:58 AM
thanks fellas....Mods would it be possible to have this moved to the blackpowder section?

also forgive me for my lack of knoweledge what does stainless in the white mean?

jhenry
June 13, 2010, 12:15 PM
It is not stainless in the white. They are not stainless at all, they are regular ordinance grade carbon steel, but "in the white" meaning there is no finish applied after the final polishing by the manufacturer. The steel is left "white". In fact this was a common technique at the time. Even with guns we normally think of as having a dark or brown finish. The brown we now see is really 150 or 250 years of use and patina. Many early longrifles for instance are known to have been in the white because when the barrels are dismounted, the underside, which has been kept from oxidation, is white.

Don't take this wrong, brown, fire blue, and rust blue were also available historically. It is just that white is also a viable historical option, and a very nice one when done right. The true proper final finish for a first grade "in the white" dueling set would be burnished steel.

You got a heck of a deal. Enjoy.

bsheets20061
June 13, 2010, 07:29 PM
awesome they are a pretty set i should have some pictures up later i am hoping. though i have never owned any flintlocks i figured these would be worth it at that price they may end up at auction eventually but may be a good piece to keep in the safe. may have to shoot them atleast once just to try them out

4V50 Gary
June 13, 2010, 11:09 PM
If you paid only $120 for a pair of Perdesoli made flintlock pistols, you scored for the rest of the year.

madcratebuilder
June 14, 2010, 05:24 AM
Talk about good Karma, $120 for just one Pedersoli would have been a deal. Congrats.

Doc Hoy
June 14, 2010, 06:27 AM
....The verdict is....Guilty...of grand theft.;)

Congrats on an outstanding find.

BlackPowderSmoke
June 14, 2010, 07:00 AM
would 120.00 be a good price for the pair? humph!! Some guys have all the luck. My story usually is "a day late or a dollar short". Excellent find there!!!

Claddagh
June 14, 2010, 09:56 AM
Check out the price for one new Pedersoli Queen Anne from Dixie Gun Works' catalog, then you tell us if you think $120 for a pair is a good deal or not.

Fingers McGee
June 14, 2010, 01:35 PM
would 120.00 be a good price for the pair?

Unfired, twice that for one of them would have been a real good price. Two of them for that price was the deal of the decade.

Congratulations on a terrific find.

FM

zippy13
June 14, 2010, 09:03 PM
Do they look somewhat like this:
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/images/RH0211.gif
Image courtesy of Dixie Gun Works

bsheets20061
June 14, 2010, 10:06 PM
identical to that...

bsheets20061
June 15, 2010, 05:04 PM
here are a couple pics

pre cleaning them, they are even nicer now.

robhof
June 15, 2010, 08:56 PM
You definitely got a screaming deal; the locks alone go for $50 to $75 at auction. Congrats and enjoy your flinters. I have 2 flint rifles and they are a fun diversion from percussion and modern guns.

bsheets20061
June 17, 2010, 08:36 AM
well i took them out and shot them today. They shot nicely but they just arent for me looks like i will be selling them.

Fingers McGee
June 17, 2010, 10:11 AM
They shot nicely but they just arent for me looks like i will be selling them.

No reason why you shouldn't make a profit. I'll give you $125 plus shipping for the pair :D

Fingers

bsheets20061
June 17, 2010, 02:30 PM
haha thanks fingers but i think im gonns put up at auction and see what happens =)

though i belive it was you fingers mcgee that said twice that is a good deal for 1 so i would do that if you offered it lol.=)

denster
June 17, 2010, 03:31 PM
Post a link to the auction and let some of us have a go at it.

bsheets20061
June 17, 2010, 08:14 PM
here ya go

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=174720014

denster
June 17, 2010, 10:17 PM
Just a couple of suggestion. Probably not a good idea to advertise them as unfired when you have shot them. Also $50 is awful high shipping when they will both fit in a large flat rate box at $15 anywhere in the US. Your auction but exorbitant shipping and misleading descriptions will kill your chances of a sale quicker than most anything.

bsheets20061
June 18, 2010, 09:35 AM
well let me be clear when i said i shot them i went to my buddiesl shop in carlisle and shot one of his you can inspect these if you want and see that these particular pistols have never been fired sorry for the confusion but it was esier to say than explain everything i just did. also the 50.00 is insured and will be sent priority that cost a bit more than flat rate shipping and buy it now option includes shipping i have used gunbroker.com for many transactions i always ship the best and most secure that i can that is a padded case usually a locking one, with priority shipping to the conus, signiture confirmation, and insurence. Thankyou for your suggestions though also i do ftf if possible

denster since you are in ohio i wouldnt mind for you to come look at them anytime since you seem to be interested i have made many transactions and 100 percent positive feedback on gunbroker, ebay, and all forums

Fingers McGee
June 18, 2010, 10:46 AM
Bsheets, even shipping both pistols in a padded case priority insured, you can do it for around $25.

bsheets20061
June 18, 2010, 10:55 AM
well i guess i can do that just not in the case they were being shipped in it would have to be a separate case the case i have ready to ship them in is a silver with chrome accents with combination locks on the front ship most my guns in similar cases if not ftf buyer is given the combination.

also just back from the middletown shipping center it is going to cost 28.32 for shipping in a regular card board box padded with newspaper shipped express mail with signiture confirmation and insurence for 500.00 which i always do because with firearms it is required through the center so i will ship for that minus the case i had previously planned to ship it in

if that satisfies you then buyvall means let me know i can do that. i offered the guns for 500.00 shipping included with the locking case for 500.00 it will be the same now ill keep the case and lower the shipping thanks for info though gentleman it is always appreciated

bsheets20061
June 18, 2010, 11:42 AM
wanted to let you fine gentleman of the tfl know that the auction post has been edited buy it now lowered from 515.00 to 500.00 and shipping has been changed to 28.00 minus the combination box

thanks