PDA

View Full Version : M1 Garand Help

chasep255
May 24, 2010, 08:21 PM
I just got my new CMP Special Grade M1. It worked fin for a while but now then I want to close the bolt I put my hand in position and press down the follower and it comes forward about a centimeter and gets stuck. If I wiggle the bolt around a bit I can eventually get it to go forward. I tried lube already.

roklok
May 24, 2010, 09:06 PM
Are you certain it is not hanging up on the rear of the follower ? I know you said you pushed the follower down, but how far ?

hornet41
May 24, 2010, 09:38 PM
Sure sounds like your not pushing the follower down far enough. I push it down to the first joint of my thumb and let the bolt "ride"about 1/2-3/4 inch forward before letting it fly. Just make darned sure you are blocking the op rod!!!!!!!!!:D

chris in va
May 24, 2010, 10:26 PM
Mine does that every now and then. I just yank the bolt back again and press harder on the follower.

I actually have more of a problem trying to get all the rounds in the clip correctly.:cool:

RKG
May 25, 2010, 03:13 PM
Normal.

SteelJM1
May 25, 2010, 07:20 PM
Give the back of the bolt handle a little tap with the heel of your hand and it should close up nice and tight. That's what mine likes to do most of the time. It doesn't do it ALL of the time, so i still protect my thumb from getting crushed.