PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Colt 9mm AR-15

Drew88
April 30, 2010, 09:17 PM
I recently made a trade for a Colt 9mm carbine. The rifle looks to be in excellent condition, however upon bringing it to the range I ran into a problem right away. I loaded and inserted the first magazine then fired at a target 25 yards away. The rifle fired, ejected, and loaded the next round flawlessly, however when i went to take my second shot it sounded like a dry fire. "CLICK". I tried a few things like changing mags, ammo, etc to no sucess. Im not the most adept individual when it comes to the ar's or any gunsmithing for that matter. Can anyone give me some ideas? Im sure this has to happen in the .223 models as well. I Did make sure the rifle was clean before firing and if you need to know i was shooting 115 grain Remington UMC and 124 grain PMC JHP. If anyone can help me out It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

riverwalker76
April 30, 2010, 09:50 PM
Did the rifle go into Full Battery on the second round? In other words ... was the Bolt Carrier Group fully seated on loading the second round? If not ... I know what will fix it.