PDA

View Full Version : mini 14 GB?

alaskaman94
April 28, 2010, 11:48 PM
ok first off lets not over load me with a just get an AR thead. i have a few of those allready, anyways what exacly is the GB mean in mini 14 GB? a guy wants to trade me a small skiff for his. and about what are they going 4 these days? thanks...

Edward429451
April 29, 2010, 02:00 AM
I'm almost positive that GB means Government-Bayonet so it's a Government model that has a bayonet lug

There is also the GBF's WHich also have the (f) folding stock. They go for about 1200 or so.

I have an F (factory folding stock) with no GB. Mines worth ~800 or 900 dollars so the GB would be in the middle of the two.

greyeyezz
April 29, 2010, 04:40 PM
Government barrel.

Deaf Smith
April 29, 2010, 09:03 PM
Ditto. Government Barrel.

predator86
April 29, 2010, 09:09 PM
hey edward, sorry to burst your bubble, but ever since the ar-15 took off, ruger mini 14 values dropped considerably, i just saw a factory folder unfired in the box bring less than 600 at a gunshow......i'd keep it for a while until value went back up...

Crosshair
April 29, 2010, 09:43 PM
hey edward, sorry to burst your bubble, but ever since the ar-15 took off, ruger mini 14 values dropped considerably, i just saw a factory folder unfired in the box bring less than 600 at a gunshow......i'd keep it for a while until value went back up...
Whoever sold a NIB factory folder in the box for only $600 is an idiot, plain and simple. The market value for such a gun is easily twice that.

I bought my Mini-14 folder, used, but in decent shape, for $700 before the gunshow opened. I was offered $850 for it when someone saw it behind my table and I let them look at it. I declined.

predator86
April 29, 2010, 09:52 PM
you have to consider the economy in certain areas however..we lost alot of jobs in this area, if you have money, now is the time to buy, i have never seen boats, trucks, guns, hot rods, muscle cars, 4-wheelers and snowmobiles so cheap...what something is worth and what it will bring are two different things, you want further proof look at gunbroker, all the way down the line there are guns just sitting there with 0 bids, 0 bids, 0 bids and when the auction is over they just get relisted....the battle is used guns vs. hundred dollar bills, what do you think there is more of? it is a buyers market these days..

here is another couple good deals i have seen recently,
1969 colt python-600 bucks
pre-64 model 100 in 308 in 98% condition brought 350
1st year marlin 39-500 bucks....