PDA

View Full Version : Howa 1500

agent29
December 27, 2009, 04:06 PM
Ok guys I just got a Howa .308 for Christmas went today and got the Weaver 35 front and 36 rear scope mounts. I am very intersted (read alot of good reviews) in the tasco SS but when I go onto there website they only list the varmit scopes. I am not really wanting to have to adjust windage and all of that so if any of the varmit scopes are good I will go with one of them.

I guess my prob is I have this 1500 with the blackhawk stock which makes it look like a sniper rifle. I want a scope on there that will also make it look like a sniper rifle.

Can you guys tell me which Tasco Scope would fit me right and also what rings to get for the scope.

Thanks so much and I hope everyone had a great Christmas

Agent

DnPRK
December 27, 2009, 04:17 PM
http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-Scopes-C1719.aspx
I use an EGW one piece mount and Leupold QRW (low) rings.

agent29
December 28, 2009, 07:02 PM
Looking more towards the tasco! The one you mentioned by swfa SS is also a nice scope but trying to stick with a tasco becuase of money.

Thanks
agent

fast-eddie
December 28, 2009, 07:08 PM
How much you looking to spend on your scope? I just saw a fix power Nikon prostaff at Dicks sporting goods for $139 and a 3X9-40 for $134 on Amazon. You be much happier with a Nikon prostaff.

cimarronvalley
December 28, 2009, 07:42 PM
Almost anything but a Tasco.

Te Anau
December 29, 2009, 12:28 PM
For the Tasco get this.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/tasco-25-10x42-targetvarmint.html

Also consider one of these.

http://www.eabco.com/cgi-bin/shopper.exe?preadd=action&key=019-3400

Enjoy that Howa,I hope to get one in .308 soon. :)

GeauxTide
December 29, 2009, 12:30 PM
They are not much more expensive, but they are excellent.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
December 29, 2009, 07:59 PM
Just IMHO, but I totally agree with, "almost anything but a Tasco."

I had a Trashco one time and that was more then enough!

You can luck out with cheap scopes on occasion, but you do get what you you pay for.

Keep em coming!

Crust Deary Ol Coot

castnblast
December 29, 2009, 08:33 PM
Ditto - I have a Nikon Pro-staff on my Howa 1500 in 22-250. It is spot on, clear, bright, and holds zero. I'd go w/ the Nikon. The Tasco probably won't hold zero with the recoil. That Howa is very accurate - don't sacrafice it with a bad scope. Go with Burris or Leupold 2 piece mounts.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
December 29, 2009, 08:52 PM
Ya, I was going to say how much I like and enjoy the Leupolds I have had for years, but for sure think long before buying Trashcos..

I however, do hear lots of good about the Nikons.

I have used their cameras for years, but just never went that way with scopes.

Heard back a number of years that they were slow on turn around for repairs, but as I said, that was years back.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol Coot.

Fat White Boy
December 29, 2009, 11:01 PM
I have a Nikon BuckMaster and a Leupold VXII, both in 3-9X40. The Nikon is on a Model 70 in .270 while the Leupold is on a Model 700 in .308. They are both excellent values and excellent shooters.