View Full Version : Marlin barrel question...
November 24, 2009, 12:55 AM
Well, since the Marlin XS7 has the barrel lug like a Savage and seems VERY similar, would a savage barrel work on this action?
November 24, 2009, 12:02 PM
it CAN be done!!!!
November 24, 2009, 12:16 PM
this is what im thinking
November 24, 2009, 01:07 PM
So let me see if I got this right:
* Buy the Marlin for $275, save $30 over the Stevens.
* Buy a $150 barrel for the Marlin ($130 for the barrel, $20 for shipping).
* Buy headspace gauges for $50 (cost of the gauges plus shipping).
* Remove the existing barrel, screw in the new barrel, headspace, and test.
* Several hours of labor, some consumable supplies, etc.
Is it all there?
How much does a new Savage cost? Or a new Rem 700 SPS? Or a Howa? Can I buy any one of those for under $475? What are you gaining over buying a new rifle from one of those listed?
November 24, 2009, 01:20 PM
The dandy Marlin action.... ???
November 24, 2009, 01:26 PM
new Remington 700 SPS here is $560
New Savage is $375
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.