PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 and variations

gunner4391
November 21, 2009, 03:31 PM
What is the least amount of money you would expect to pay for a new AR-15 or variation? what about a used? Also, what would you say is the vest gun for the money?

NSO_w/_SIG
November 21, 2009, 03:42 PM
Around $600, CMMG Bargin Bin

Ridge_Runner_5
November 21, 2009, 03:59 PM
^^^What he said

bcarver
November 21, 2009, 06:40 PM
del-ton kit 465 plus 90 lower you assemble plus shipping
best deal is cmmg bargin bin 18'' or 16'' 600 bucks
best for money....who knows and don't ask.

tirod
November 21, 2009, 09:12 PM
There is no such thing as the best for the money. You have to define best. Best at short range multishot targeting in the dark, best long range 800 yards plus, best price for the quality, best quality for the price?

What one user considers best may be utter nonsense to another. One user may need a lightweight slick side trunk gun in the largest possible caliber, another the most tricked out four rail and optically over compensated carbine for entry work.

"Best" is the biggest joke on the internet, and some of the best entertainment. Best times I've had are reading exchanges of enthusiasts using the best logic, best examples, and presenting the best evidence in support of their best arguments on what is the best.

I guess I've done my best to explain it - there is no best.

Quentin2
November 22, 2009, 01:04 AM
You really need to go out and handle as many ARs as you can. You'll start narrowing down to what YOU think is best.

A lot of us built an AR because it's so hard to find what you want off the rack.

qwman68
November 22, 2009, 01:34 AM
i THINK THERE IS A BEST AND WORST..THERE ALWAYS IS..

NSO_w/_SIG
November 22, 2009, 03:49 AM
Worst- Vulcan
Best- Well that is a matter of opinion and the purpose of the rifle I guess.

MMcfpd
November 22, 2009, 06:38 AM
This reminds me of my first shopping for a computer in the early 80s. Sales reps kept asking, "What are you going to use it for?" Well, I didn't know specifically - I just wanted to get my hands on one and see what I could use it for.

If a similar perspective describes the OP's desire for an AR, he's likely best served by getting a basic carbine to start shooting. The guns are modular and you can monkey with them no end. All that being said leads back to the CMMG bargain bin being a good place to look.

rpugh
November 22, 2009, 12:46 PM
I just bought a Colt Le 6920 about a month ago,I love it.If I could post a picture I would but I'm having problems for some reason.