PDA

View Full Version : Need a good recipe for Dove

uncledewey
November 11, 2009, 12:17 AM
Anyone have any unique recipes for dove?

HiBC
November 11, 2009, 04:22 AM
Dig back in the threads to just after labor day.there wa another fellow asked the same question

Scorch
November 11, 2009, 01:27 PM
Anyone have any unique recipes for dove?Do you mean the ice cream bars or the soap?;)

Noonan
November 11, 2009, 08:49 PM
Marinate in Italian dressing, wrap in bacon, and grill.

Fat White Boy
November 12, 2009, 12:14 AM
16oz bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce and 8oz of Frank's Red Hot. Soak the dove breasts over night and throw 'em on the grill...

troy_mclure
November 12, 2009, 01:52 AM
soak in milk for 6-12hrs, cover in shake n bake, and bake.

Swampghost
November 12, 2009, 02:08 AM
Very good! Salt & pepper to taste, coat generously with five-spice and saute in butter. The trick is between just done and overdone, it takes some practice. You may have to go to an oriental market to find five-spice.

armsmaster270
November 12, 2009, 04:36 AM
Put in a Casserole with cream of mushroom soup full strength.

TMUSCLE1
November 12, 2009, 09:47 AM
I'll echo the milk suggestion, but I would soak it in buttermilk!!!

mmmmmmmmm...

Kreyzhorse
November 12, 2009, 07:42 PM
Wrap in bacon with a little salt and pepper. Wrap your dove/bacon in foil and put in the coals of a hot fire. Outstanding just as it comes out of the foil.

IDAHO83501
November 12, 2009, 07:59 PM
Soak in BBQ sauce overnight, grill at MED-HI for 4-5 min. Pour yourself a good stiff drink, throw the dove over your shoulder, sit down and enjoy your drink.;) actually it is pretty good.

fisherman66
November 12, 2009, 08:19 PM
Marinate in salsa overnight (or a mild vinegar based marinade). Pound thin. Rinse and flour, egg, flour, egg. Fry in bacon drippings. Remove dove after 2 minutes per side (sooner if cooked medium). Rest breasts. Saute 1/2 onion in drippin's. Brown enough flour to make gravy. Add milk, bring to boil, simmer until thick. Salt/pepper to taste. Top dove with pan drippin's/gravy and serve. Yukon gold tatters on the side. Yum

uncledewey
November 12, 2009, 11:54 PM
Thanks guys! They all sound really good. I'll need more doves to try them all, but I certainly will.

hogdogs
November 13, 2009, 12:03 AM
Nothin like a pepper and salt bath before a hot grill session... wrapped in bacon is real good but I prefer to stop my cookin' at first temp of safe heat and savor the natural flavor...
But I ain't much of a dove blaster as the ammo per pound brings me above store bought price real fast and momma don't allow gourmet meat costs in this economy so I am relegated to venison and pork acquisitioning...
Brent

Buzzard Bait
November 13, 2009, 12:18 PM
cut a small slice between breast meat and bone on each side and slide a slice of jalapino into the opening between the breast meat and bone then salt & peper and flour then rap with bacon secure with tooth picks cook over low temp smoky fire till done .

Buzzard bait

rickyjames
November 13, 2009, 12:55 PM
i soak em in soy sauce wrap with bacon and grill. mmmmm good :)