PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Bushnell's repair dept?

Dr. Strangelove
September 19, 2009, 10:17 PM
I've got an old (22 years at least, probably several more) Bushnell Sportview 3x9 that no longer holds point of impact between shots. I've spoken to Bushnell; they say send it in with a check for $10.00 for return shipping and they will have a look. I couldn't get a definite answer if it would be repaired or replaced, or if it was even still under warranty.

The only reason I'm even considering sending it in for repair is that I killed my first deer 20+ years ago with it (well, the rifle it was on at the time) and I'd like to keep it around.

Does anyone have any experience with Bushnell warranty/repair? It's an old cheap scope valuable only to me as a sentimental item, but I'm not looking to spend much more, if anything than the $10.00 shipping. Of course, by the time I pay shipping, packaging, add my time and trouble, it's more like $20.00 invested to find out what Bushnell will do.

Do they normally repair these type scopes free of charge or for a nominal fee? I really don't want a replacement as I would rather just keep my old one as a souvenir, and I don't see going to the trouble and (admittedly small) expense of sending it in just to have them tell me it's not repairable.