PDA

View Full Version : Chance for a M1A carbine

carprivershooter
September 18, 2009, 07:39 PM
I have a chance to purchase a orginal M1a CARBINE with orginal sling, rife case and 5 mags. looks to be in really good shape. Not being a rifle guy and not knowing what a fair price would be I am looking for the insight of the forum. I would like to own one only because that was my issue rifle when i was assigned to my first base out of Air Police training. so anyone hear willing to help and ex air cop out?

essohbe
September 18, 2009, 08:13 PM
I've seen originals around the $600 mark, and also some above $1K. I am interested in learning more about the reasons why, I like the rifle itself and the originals being C&Rs make it more intereting to me.

carprivershooter
September 19, 2009, 03:03 PM
My brothers father-in-law is selling off his gun collection. some really nice peices, M1 Granad match with sling and sniper scope and case, Colt Anoconda 44 mag 6 1/2 barrel. Kimber Royal Classic and the m1 carbine. prices seen a bit high He wants $1200.00 for the carbine. all his peices are new or have little use. I have to drive to detroit and check them out.

GregM
September 19, 2009, 06:01 PM
Thats not a bad price for a legit M1A1 carbine. I'd like details on the match garand when you get to take a look at it.

GregM