PDA

View Full Version : Apb (bolo)

Al Norris
July 15, 2009, 10:57 PM
The following list is the username and email addy of a particularly irritating person. They are all the same person:

Duke12861 --> Duke12861@aol.com
lolilul --> lolilu1@aol.com
jim6298 --> guns556@aol.com
jim7676 --> jimmy767672@aol.com
ClevelandMale --> TheWall100@aol.com (using the malenearclevelnd@aol.com email address in posts)
NeOhioGuy1 --> wmcnei3298@aol.com
MaleNearCleveland --> malenearclevelnd@aol.com
WayneOhio1 --> TimeHealz@aol.com (used the malenearclevelnd@aol.com email address in posts)

This person always offers some firearms to B/S/T, but refuses all offers. Wants to meet FTF east of Cleveland. Wants you to go and B/S/T firearms at a local gun show. Always wants to B/S/T AR-15's and 1911's. Always posts his email addy for contact.

Be on the Lookout for anyone meeting the above description and report him immediately to the mods.

Thank you for your co-operation.

tmd11111
July 15, 2009, 11:24 PM
Some people aren't smart enough to realize that it's easy to track ISP address. :confused:

goodspeed(TPF)
July 16, 2009, 07:43 AM
Looks like somebody got their name(s) in lights. :D

Maybe this guy will finally wise up and get the message.

Then again, maybe not.

P.S.
A big "Thank You" to the Mods for staying on top of stuff like this. Nice to know you guys (gals) are looking out for our best interests. I tip my hat, and a dram of whiskey in your general direction. Cheers. -Goodspeed

Jim Dandy
July 16, 2009, 07:21 PM
Was is ever determined of this clod was a gun show promoter or some other shill? He never appeared to be trying to take any money, but he constantly promoted various gun shows.

Shane Tuttle
July 16, 2009, 07:50 PM
We never pinpointed it, Jim. One thing we do know is he has caused a lot of headaches for members and Staff alike. That alone is good enough to put an APB out on him so fellow members are aware of his alledged shenanigans.

attila787
July 16, 2009, 08:42 PM
When I was trying to sale an AR-15 he sure was a headache. I finally asked him not to waste my time. Watch out for this guy....

goodspeed(TPF)
July 17, 2009, 09:11 AM
I wonder if any of the people who exchanged Email addresses with him ever noticed an inordinate amount of SPAM shortly thereafter? Inquiring minds want to know.

flippycat
July 29, 2009, 11:10 PM
always good to see the staff on its A game. Have you all tried to google those addys? lol Will make ya chuckle at what you find :)

goodspeed(TPF)
July 30, 2009, 08:24 AM
Have you all tried to google those addys?

Never even thought of that. I'm on my way.

Edit: Well, that didn't take long. HOLY MOLY ROFL! O.o

rantingredneck
July 30, 2009, 08:33 AM
Well now we know he had hobbies other than firearms.........:o

milky7272
July 30, 2009, 09:34 AM
wow :o make me blush lol :)

trailgator
July 31, 2009, 07:02 AM
whoa! :barf:

goodspeed(TPF)
August 23, 2009, 07:56 AM
I am wondering if it just wouldn't be easier and safer for TFL members if you (MODS) just block his I.P. address(s)? When we (www.thepiratefleet.com) get a shady character over by us this is what we do. It usually solves the problem right then and there. On some rare occasions (we just had one a couple days ago) the offender will head on over to his sisters house, brothers house, local coffee shop with free WI/FI, Mom and Dads place and don't forget the In-Laws and create a new user from there. It's an easy matter to just block multiple I.P. addresses as they pop up. I think you might want to compare a few I.P. addresses of CURRENT members to those of said known offender. HINT, HINT! :D

Mal H
August 23, 2009, 09:58 AM
Yes, we always block IP addresses when feasible. We are very well versed in IPAfu. But, we try not to allow that practice to have any "collateral damage" which can occur when an IPA is in a range used by a large ISP such as AOL (used by the perp in question), Comcast, RoadRunner, etc.

goodspeed(TPF)
August 28, 2009, 05:10 PM
Be on the Lookout for anyone meeting the above description and report him immediately to the mods.

Nudge, nudge. Iffin I were a Mod here, I'd run some I.P. addresses. Pretty easy to figger out which ones to run. :D
I can't believe this guy still posts here. :rolleyes:

Mal H
August 28, 2009, 06:38 PM
Don't give us hints, give us names via PM or reported posts.