PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed regarding reloaded ammo

kmullins
July 2, 2009, 04:39 PM
Hello fellow TFL members,

I am in need of some advice. I have inherited a very large amount on ammunition from a family member. The ammunition numbers in the tens of thousands of rounds of everything from .22 to .45-70. But over 3/4 (estimate) is reloads and I am aware that you cannot sell reloads unless you have special licensing. The reloads were not done by me anyways. But I have sold what I can of the factory ammo but know I'm faced with all this reloaded ammo that I don't reload for or shoot. My question is this;

What would you advise for me to do with this ammo? I am wanting to get rid of it and make some money at the same time (selling a lot of things to help finance a new safe). Thanks for the help.

Kyle

EDIT: wasn't sure where to put this, but I guessed. Sorry if it is in the wrong forum.

kmullins
July 4, 2009, 01:24 PM
Maybe I would have better luck in the "handloading and reloading" section?

LoadIt
July 4, 2009, 01:40 PM
You might want to think about getting a bullet puller, and pull the bullets. You could sell the bullets to reloaders. Don't know about special licensing for the primed cases though.

kmullins
July 4, 2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the idea. That sounds like an option, the only thing I can think of is like you said selling primed cases and also the fact that I don't know the bullet weights or brands of some of the ammo.

kmullins
July 5, 2009, 12:04 PM
I think I am going to sell this ammo as it is, but clearly state that it is for "component use only".

TEDDY
July 8, 2009, 02:11 PM
you can sell it with out a license,as your not in the business.and if you state components only that would be the frosting on the cake.