PDA

View Full Version : 10/22 peep sight options

shooterer
June 16, 2009, 09:38 AM
Does anyone make a click adjustment rear peep sight for a Ruger 10/22 other than Tech Sights?

My son’s 10/22 Deluxe has a nice set of Williams’s WGRS sight on it, but they are a pain to adjust for different ammo (read, what ever is on sale that week).

Any insight would be appreciated.

Jim

Don Gwinn
June 19, 2009, 09:59 AM
Sorry, no idea. I was impressed with the Tech Sights, though. Is there something specific you want that Tech Sights don't provide, or do you just want to shop around?

shooterer
June 19, 2009, 10:20 AM
I'm just looking for options. Maybe something lower
Jim

Claddagh
June 22, 2009, 09:17 AM
Personally, I have a set of the Williams GRS and Firesight bead on one of my 10/22's and like it a lot. Since I've seldom had reason to rezero it (it seems to shoot close enough to the same setting with most any brand of 40 gr. HS LR to be 'minute-of-pop-can') the lack of micrometer adjustments hasn't been an issue for me.

If it's really all that important to you to have micrometer-style adjustment capability, you could always have the receiver D&T'ed for a Fool Proof and install one. It'd cost you a bit (around here the work runs about $20/hole and you might have to relieve the stock a bit) but the sight would sit about as low as it can be and you could even have target-style knobs if you want.