PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what this is? Pic

ghostman1960
June 10, 2009, 05:31 PM
:confused:

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt45/ghostman1960/ARSiamese16X.jpg

Hkmp5sd
June 10, 2009, 05:38 PM
Looks like two AR-15s mounted back to back with the gas systems crossed and 90 round snail drums installed. Might fire each gun by pulling one trigger.

alloy
June 10, 2009, 05:42 PM
I don't know but it looks illegal, the south bend lathe in the background however...looks about like a 14-1/2"?

elrod
June 10, 2009, 05:44 PM
Looks like one of them things the the federal agents went huntin' in the woods at night!

Tamara
June 10, 2009, 06:39 PM
I don't know but it looks illegal, the south bend lathe in the background however...looks about like a 14-1/2"?

I don't think the barrel length is much of a big deal. Look at the selector switch on the bottom gun. ;)

It looks like a really quick way to empty two 100rd Beta-C drums to no real purpose except turning money into noise.

James K
June 10, 2009, 06:56 PM
I THINK the idea is to have one gun fire while the other is loading, thereby increasing the rate of fire. IMHO the inventor is off the wall, but he seems to be a crackerjack machinist if he got it to work.

Jim

kozak6
June 10, 2009, 07:20 PM
http://www.tromix.com/Projects_o_Tromix.htm

Halfway down the page.

KLRANGL
June 10, 2009, 08:36 PM
Makes sense. If the "trigger" in the top AR is held down in auto mode, then it will be the means that the bottom AR cycles. So you either have two round bust, or auto. Interesting...

I demand a video...

VA9mm
June 10, 2009, 08:56 PM
Oh that, that's my hd gun :p.

hogdogs
June 11, 2009, 01:32 AM
If it works it is an awesome creation... I am not an NFA fluent guy but now that the "giggle switch" was pointed out....:D:eek::D
Brent

riggins_83
June 11, 2009, 01:48 AM
I remember seeing that somewhere awhile ago.. cannot remember where though

Maser
June 11, 2009, 01:49 AM
I thought that was a VERY good Photoshop job upon looking at that pic. A FA M4 cycles at about 900 RPM right? If that bad boy was FA, I really wouldn't mind seeing its 1,800 RPMs in action. I must say it is ugly as sin, but is probably lots of fun as long as someone else is paying for the ammo. :D

KLRANGL
June 11, 2009, 08:55 AM
I thought that was a VERY good Photoshop job upon looking at that pic. A FA M4 cycles at about 900 RPM right? If that bad boy was FA, I really wouldn't mind seeing its 1,800 RPMs in action. I must say it is ugly as sin, but is probably lots of fun as long as someone else is paying for the ammo.

I dont think it would increase RPM. The AR actions are in series, not parallel. One wouldn't fire until the other fully cycles. Im just guessing though

Skans
June 11, 2009, 10:04 AM
I think you guys are way over analizing this thing!!

Look at it. All someone did was take the grip off of the one of the guns and put the scope rails back to back screwing the two guns together with a clamp. They removed one half of of the forestock on each gun and then criss-crossed the gas tubes.

This thing doesn't work. It was never meant to work. The guy used a camara angle to hide part of the grip frame and fire control parts on the top/upside-down gun. In fact, if you look right behind the top betamag, just above the forward assist, I am fairly certain that part of the picture was photoshopped (see little black triangular sliver).

This is nothing but a smoke-and-mirrors hoax gun.

PS - After reviewing that link, I might have to take a closer look at this thing???

flight954
June 11, 2009, 10:38 AM
It would be better to see it in action rather than just a pic. Oops Skans just answered my queston

Dingoboyx
June 11, 2009, 10:43 AM
But if someone pointed it at me, I would do what they said, TFFS!:eek::D:rolleyes:

Bart Noir
June 11, 2009, 02:23 PM
Will see the new Terminator movie this weekend.

I thought this gun was a prop from that;)

Bart Noir

SigfanTN
June 11, 2009, 03:53 PM
It's a good thing that contraption holds all that ammo, since the operator wouldn't be able to see what they were shooting at.

Can we say "spray and pray".:eek::D

Willie Lowman
June 11, 2009, 04:19 PM
This just shows you, don't leave your OU next to your AR in the safe!:eek:

paull
June 12, 2009, 10:15 AM
That right there is what we call foreplay.:D
p

bamafan4life
June 12, 2009, 01:29 PM
yea the top one is upside down. it would be cool and a great combo if the top was a .308. and u actually had a way to aim it. has anyone ever played army of 2? in that game you can put a remington 870 in place of the grenade launcher. but heres my question. is this possible? if it is it would be the heaviest pointless most kick-butt thing ive ever seen! id be tempted to do it. like i said it would be heavy and usless but people sure would envy you at the range.

Hkmp5sd
June 12, 2009, 04:38 PM
a remington 870 in place of the grenade launcher. but heres my question. is this possible?

Yep. There were a few companies back in the 90s that made them. Jonathan Arthur Ciener made one that snapped on the bayonet lug. It came in both a NFA/SBS version and a Title I version.

FrontSight
June 12, 2009, 05:46 PM
AWESOME is what it is!

tazz7002
June 12, 2009, 07:00 PM
looks like good squirrel gun:D

cchardwick
June 17, 2009, 11:38 PM
no real purpose ...

Your missing the whole point of NFA weapons, the purpose is to HAVE FUN!

It's wicked cool looking!

I WANT ONE!

2ndchance
June 29, 2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah, it's cool to look at... but how do you AIM the sucker? When you shoulder that bad boy, your face is directly behind one of the sides of the beta mag.

I think this job calls for some lasers. Two barrel mounted lasers!

While we're at it, instead of turning the tubes into a stock, a gauntlet should be in place so you can wear it on your forearm. Remove the grip and install a remote trigger device.

Then, it will definitely be worth chasing a bunch of squirrels around the forest!

:D:D:D

ThunderStorm
June 29, 2009, 09:47 PM
That just looks fun.

p99guy
June 30, 2009, 12:47 PM
"chea mang, i jused one of dose when i whas a dorr gunner on a chebby":D

shoop66
July 3, 2009, 12:54 PM
all the guns on that tronix website look like bad photoshops. :confused: