PDA

View Full Version : Had my first competition today

Cerick
June 7, 2009, 09:47 PM
I went to a tactical shoot at a family members gun club today. There were a bunch of different stages, most of which were idpa scenarios. For only one of the stages were the points counted, as this club rarely does this kind of shoot. I used my Glock 17 firing 115 gr fmj cci blazer. I think I did pretty well, considering I feel I am still a novice shooter. I learned some new stuff (take your time b/c being fast and missing the target wont help :o) as well as some other things. Other than my dad, who taught me everything (and was also using his colt 1911 jim clark bowling pin model(cheater!:p)), a veteran of iraq who is also current sheriffs deputy, and one or two other experienced shooters there I was better than most other people. On the event that was actually counted, I believe I came in 4th place out of about 15 people.

Overall it felt great and I can't wait to compete again!

JohnKSa
June 7, 2009, 10:29 PM
Congratulations on getting started in competition and on your performance!

I'll bet if you poke around you can find other similar competitions in your area.

Cerick
June 7, 2009, 10:33 PM
I've spectated at the old bridge rifle and pistol club in old bridge, NJ, and they have a great action shooting crew over there. I even got to see David Olhasso shoot there which was great. He even gave me some tips! I think I may join that club. A little bit of a hike from where I live but the level of competition there is really high and thats what i'm after.