PDA

View Full Version : Glock Light Versus Others

Tatsumi67
May 23, 2009, 10:28 PM
I'm look at a light for a Glock.

the Glock original tactical light is about $99 at glockstore

I've seen INSIGHT M2-3 lights about roughly $10 more.

Can anyone with experience tell me that the Glock light is a better light[for a glock] than any other pistol light.

are othere worth the money?

SVRider
May 24, 2009, 02:14 PM
IMO, these lights should sell for ~$70 or so now. They're old technology. Tried and true for sure though. The tooling & R&D for these lights have been well paid for at this point. For around $100-$120 you can get more modern lights with LEDs. Lights like the Procyon or TLR-1 will run around this range with "bulbs" that you probably won't need to change during your lifetime.

J.Netto
May 24, 2009, 02:15 PM
I've never used one of the Glock lights, I'm sure they are all pretty good though. I have a M3 and I love it. That little M3 is brighter than a 3 Dcell Maglite.

ckd
May 24, 2009, 02:52 PM
A lot of it depends wether you'll ever use a holster or not.

Haven't looked at Glock or Sig in a while, but LED is and has been the standard for a little while.

I too prefer Insight, Streamlight or Surefire, because they are the most popular and have more holster systems available. For the money Streamlight TLR-1 gets my vote; every bit as good as the Surefire for about 1/2 the price.

Bigjim3
May 25, 2009, 05:45 PM
The TLR-1 or the TLR-2 if you like the lazer. :D They just feel like a much better quality light. But thats just my side of it....:rolleyes: