PDA

View Full Version : Scoped Mosin

srt 10 jimbo
May 22, 2009, 08:33 PM
I have a 1936 Mosin Tula. want to put a scope on it, whats the best mounting system for it?:)

FALPhil
May 23, 2009, 08:42 AM
They are all the best. It is hard to not find an excellent mounting system for the Mosin.

However, you may have parameters that you have not shared with us. For instance, do you want the rifle to remain in original condition? If so, that eliminates several options. Or, if you want an historical mount that was actually used in wartime, that limits your options too.

Google is your friend. Take a look at some of the images it returns and decide what you think will be best for you. Whatever you decide, I can pretty much guarantee will work. It is very hard to screw up anything on a Mosin.

srt 10 jimbo
May 23, 2009, 09:06 AM
Thanks, just wanna put a reguler scope on, nothin fancy. most I see mount to the existing rear sight.:)

neanderthug
May 24, 2009, 03:54 PM
Is B-Square still in business? They had a few interesting no or minimal smiting mounts that used the rear sight base for a mounting point with a low-lowered optic.
I think you can hit IO,orNumrich for a turned down bolt assembly and a base for the PU or PE repros...I'd check out surplusrifle.com ,or one of the others like gunco.net.Maybe armslocker.com-theres som eknowledgeable folks there as well.

ar15chase
May 24, 2009, 04:20 PM
I had a rear site mounted scope on my 91/30. It worked pretty well. Just make sure you use a bunch of lock-tite. Mine came loose after the 1st shot.

MagnumWill
May 26, 2009, 12:41 PM
I drilled and tapped mine for the PU scope. I'm a huge advocate for it (you just need to be careful when you do it)

It's a rock solid mounting point, and always stays in line with the reciever.:)

benogil
May 26, 2009, 03:30 PM
The mounts from Rock Solid Industries are very highly rated. Along with their Mosin pillar bedddings.

srt 10 jimbo
May 26, 2009, 04:02 PM
:)I'd rather not have to mess with the bolt if I dont have to.

darkgael
May 26, 2009, 04:10 PM
I had a rear site mounted scope on my 91/30. It worked pretty well. Just make sure you use a bunch of lock-tite.
+1 about that. Since applying Locktite, the scope has maintained zero.
Pete

FALPhil
May 26, 2009, 07:33 PM
The mounts from Rock Solid Industries are very highly rated.

Are those the guys who make a K-31 scope mount that costs more than the rifle?

benogil
May 27, 2009, 12:58 PM
Phil,
Yes, that is them.

srt 10 jimbo
May 27, 2009, 02:12 PM
Ordered a Mount and scope from centerfire systems, It's a 4x40 with an extended eye so I dont have to change the Bolt.:)

MagnumWill
June 11, 2009, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I know it's kind of crappy to get (or do) a bolt modification for those puppies. It is great when you do though - you have a scope AND you can still use the iron sights for close stuff.

srt 10 jimbo
June 15, 2009, 04:41 PM
I got a red dot for it too, works pretty good:)