PDA

View Full Version : this may sound dumb

lunchbox
May 21, 2009, 05:49 PM
I know it is very common place for folks to carry an AR or AK or what have you in their car or truck I did the same thing for years. My situation has since changed I now ride a 1989 ninja 750R and would still like to carry my AK what I am looking for is if someone knows of a rifle bag/ backpack (as i do need to carry other things as well) that doesn't look like I am caring around a rifle or some sort of scabbard that i can mount that is again discrete and can lock in some way

Any ideas :D

elkman06
May 21, 2009, 10:31 PM
Maybe you could get someone to fabricate a really cool tricked out massive muffler. elkman06
Seems like it might be a little hard to conceal a Ak on a 750 Ninja...

OttoJara
May 21, 2009, 10:34 PM
If your on a ninja, you should carry numbchucks:D

05kas05
May 21, 2009, 11:14 PM
i have heard of some people using one of those soft sided guitar cases that have the backpack style straps.

KChen986
May 21, 2009, 11:33 PM
Idea: Folding Stock for your AK? It'll fit a discrete backpack easier.

Dallas Jack
May 22, 2009, 04:44 AM
Dump the AK and get a handgun.:D
Dallas Jack

Dingoboyx
May 22, 2009, 05:35 AM
I immediately thought of a violin case (or guitar case) or even a trombone case.... find a hard (semi-hard) case for a musical instrument or tool such as a theodalite, or a break down fishin' rod case, pool que case or the like Whatever you end up getting, put a sling on it & you should be right :D

armoredman
May 22, 2009, 06:27 AM
I have seen a folding stock AK placed in a tennis racket bag. Try that if it's legal for you in your location.

Kreyzhorse
May 22, 2009, 06:45 AM
I'm going to guess that it would just be easier to conceal and carry a handgun. I can't imagine any way to really "secure" a rifle on a motorcycle.

Ian0351
May 22, 2009, 06:50 AM
For concealment you could use a golf bag... but seeing a guy on a crotchrocket with a golf bag strapped to it (or guitar/violin case) would certainly pique the interest of at least observant people. Also you'd have to deal with 'grass ninja' slurs.

lunchbox
May 22, 2009, 01:23 PM
I have handguns that is not the issue

I carry them as well I want to have a backup plan

lunchbox
May 22, 2009, 01:25 PM
I defiantly plan to get a folding stock

1goodshot
May 22, 2009, 03:21 PM
Look at sneaky bags they may have something.

http://www.sneakybags.com/

lunchbox
May 22, 2009, 07:32 PM
that bag may just work

lunchbox
May 26, 2009, 12:55 PM
dont die thread dont die

TEDDY
May 27, 2009, 03:20 PM
If you stay out of bad places you wont need primary let alone a back up.I am 85 and never been robbed,and I lived in Roxbury Mass for 10 yrs.if you dont look like a victim you wont be.having known some bad boys,they look for easy scores.course now the old timers are gone and the new crop are scum bags.you have time for one shot,and that AK will get you killed trying to get it out.I carry a tokorve inside belt and a hi power in back leave the shirt out.it covers both.

lunchbox
May 27, 2009, 09:50 PM
I carry an XDsc with 3 extra 12 round mags filled with cor-bon DPX and an XDm with 4 extra mags filled with Winchester ranger everyone keeps saying get a handgun I have that covered that is not the issue at hand

(BH)
May 28, 2009, 09:16 AM
lunchbox,

forgive me if i sound rude but this sparks my interest. doesnt that just seem like a massive inconvenience for something you will almost certainly never need.

i mean, its gonna be really hard to secure this thing to your bike. not to mention it seems like it could end up being a safety hazard due to its size. and in the event that you need it, how are you going to equip yourself with it while ridin a motorcycle? i think the idea of carrying a rifle in in your vehicle went out with the truck.

why not just get a large bore pistol of some sort?

FF/EMT
May 28, 2009, 10:06 AM
Ya man I have to say, I would go for a sidearm and maybe some spare mags? As a firefighter, if you wrecked and I was walking up and saw that weapon, legally I would not be able to help you. I would have to turn right around and walk away because the "scene is not safe". So for your own sake I would just carry a sidearm. And I don't think there will come a time when you will need an AK-47 in public. I think a sidearm would be enough to get you out of harms way and to open the door for the PD to do their job.

lunchbox
May 28, 2009, 11:19 AM
thank you for your opinion but i care not

what kind of BS is that you cant help a dying man because he has a gun

the old saying rings true i would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it you can never know what will happen on any given day i plan to be prepared at all times

Ian0351
May 28, 2009, 12:53 PM
For the OP:
Exactly why do you think you need a subcompact, a full-size duty pistol and and AK on your motorcycle? Do you live in Peshawar? Is it even legal to travel with a loaded rifle where you live?
Quite frankly this topic, and your response to FF/EMT's well-intentioned response, seems rather juvenile. Have you ever seen an AK with a runaway trigger? Are you really that surprised that a professional lifesaver would have compunctions about traveling into an accident scene with the possibility of that occurring? If it's that important to you to carry an assault rifle on your motorcycle, go ahead; just don't berate the people you came to for advice for offering their professional opinions just because it's not what you want to hear.

P.S.- It's spelled dying... and this forum has a spell-checker built into the editor, that's what the red underlining means.

lunchbox
May 28, 2009, 01:57 PM
I'm not trying to berate anyone.

I don't understand why nobody seems to think that an EMT not helping someone due to the fact a gun is present Is BS so if a cop gets shot he has a gun are you going to let him lay there and die come on.

and the opinions given are not about the question I asked.

Also I live in Texas and yes it is legal to carry in this state. (the BATFE has no soul off topic)

Again its OK for people to do so in their cars and trucks but not for me and my bike. I don't have a car I ride everywhere I go

For the OP:
Exactly why do you think you need a subcompact, a full-size duty pistol and and AK on your motorcycle? Do you live in Peshawar? Is it even legal to travel with a loaded rifle where you live?
Quite frankly this topic, and your response to FF/EMT's well-intentioned response, seems rather juvenile. Have you ever seen an AK with a runaway trigger? Are you really that surprised that a professional lifesaver would have compunctions about traveling into an accident scene with the possibility of that occurring? If it's that important to you to carry an assault rifle on your motorcycle, go ahead; just don't berate the people you came to for advice for offering their professional opinions just because it's not what you want to hear.

P.S.- It's spelled dying... and this forum has a spell-checker built into the editor, that's what the red underlining means.

Hamcheese
May 28, 2009, 02:03 PM
HAHA...Stick!

Dustin0
May 28, 2009, 02:04 PM
Mall Ninja ?

I see this one going to the mall ninja thread later tonight. :)

Ian0351
May 28, 2009, 02:09 PM
He didn't say he wouldn't render assistance to someone with a gun, in fact he encouraged you to carry a gun that is meant for carrying. What was said was that a unsecured AK in an accident scene would make rendering immediate assistance unsafe. In cases such as this first responders have a duty first and foremost to preserve public safety; so you may have to wait for someone trained to deal with a potentially unsafe weapon to arrive and deal with your rifle while you're bleeding out from your crotchrocket crash.
I repeat, have you ever seen a runaway trigger? It is excessively dangerous and very common in AK-47 rifles which have been exposed to heat or impact, even those which have been converted to semi-auto only. If you have a MAK-90 or something you should be OK, but your average EMT probably does not know the difference between a converted select-fire and an import legal post ban AK. Also, how bad does it look to police when someone crashes at high speed and an AK spills out onto the road? Regardless of the laws where you live you have a duty to safely and securely transport any and all firearms, this is also usually written into the state laws regarding guns and vehicles.

Hamcheese
May 28, 2009, 02:29 PM
Just some ideas...

lunchbox
May 28, 2009, 02:34 PM
yes I have seen a runaway AK but I never keep my rifles chambered

If it is locked in a case mounted to the bike it should not be a problem with nothing in the chamber

If I'm in a bad accident I'm as good as dead anyway

so the covert bag has been suggested any good hard boxes out there anyone could suggest

lunchbox
May 28, 2009, 02:37 PM
and what the hell is a mall ninja anyway. does keeping a rifle in your truck make you a mall ninja if not why should my situation be any different

Dustin0
May 28, 2009, 02:40 PM
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335752&highlight=mall+ninja

Here is a thread on the mall ninja.

Ian0351
May 28, 2009, 02:45 PM
If you need an AK to back up your pair of 9mm polymer framed handguns...

I carry an XDsc with 3 extra 12 round mags filled with cor-bon DPX and an XDm with 4 extra mags filled with Winchester ranger

...you might be a mall ninja.

lunchbox
May 28, 2009, 02:52 PM
they are 40S&W

lunchbox
May 28, 2009, 02:53 PM
and the XDm will get dropped when I get the AK all set

Microgunner
May 28, 2009, 02:56 PM
AK or AR pistol?

Dustin0
May 28, 2009, 02:57 PM
Dude you need to talk to Gecko45 he can help you.

lunchbox
May 28, 2009, 03:00 PM
no I cant afford an AK or AR pistol It going to be a MAk-90 and I will get a folding stock for it

lunchbox
May 28, 2009, 03:05 PM
I cant find gecko45 on the members list

Dustin0
May 28, 2009, 03:12 PM
I think he is in the 9x19mm.com now.

WLJ
May 28, 2009, 03:13 PM
Popcorn is now in the microwave.

lunchbox
May 28, 2009, 03:23 PM
and why do I need to talk to gecko45

Dustin0
May 28, 2009, 03:29 PM
I think he would be the best person to help you out. He has a lot of "know age" in the stuff your trying to do. Like concealing an AK47 on a bike, along with other things.

Microgunner
May 28, 2009, 03:41 PM
Kel-Tec PLR16? Mine is quite compact and affordable.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/Microgunner/9-13-06004.jpg

FF/EMT
May 28, 2009, 06:08 PM
This is better than a car wreck...I need a drink and some popcorn.

And as for your oh so esteemed reply, I can't go up to you and pick up a rifle to move it. I'm not "trained" in that. That's a cops job. That's why they carry the guns on duty. Not to mention, let's say that your bike's on fire and rounds start popping off..you're dead as far as I'm concerned.

1st rule of safety we learn in fire school. YOUR safety comes first, then your partner/team, THEN the bystanders, THEN the patient. The patient is actually LAST on the list because he's the one already hurt! If we let one of us go down, it's gonna take alot more time to get us out. And then if a bystander goes down, that means more resource, that means less coverage by sister departments/agencies/stations and that means less coverage for all the other people which could in turn lead to more death, and that's what we're all about.

SO...that's why my safety goes above yours initially. Not to mention, when I am put in those situations every shift, I'd be dead if I just played superman and ran up into the heap of fire and grabbed the flaming assault rifle on every call.

Dustin0
May 28, 2009, 06:32 PM
FF/EMT:

WLJ has popcorn allready.

I cant wait to hear what gecko45 had to say :rolleyes:

fatboy02
May 28, 2009, 08:55 PM
I assume that you have considerd a AK style rifle on your back in even a minor crash can do serious damage to you! :eek:

Yes I ride, used to ride the plastic bikes now a Harley and a Bigdog. I carry a compact .45 in my vest pocket or my full size 1911 about 3:30 IWB.

Is a concealed rifle leagal? :confused:

Oh yea first and last thought reading original post is Mall Ninja.

On second thought why not install a single rifle rack across the handlebars open carry it just like in the pick up truck, you can even put a cable lock on it to further complicate the deployment of said rifle.

Yes I have my popcorn ready too.

lunchbox
May 28, 2009, 09:06 PM
it needs to be out of sight

si vis pacem, para b
May 28, 2009, 09:33 PM
I really don't carry long guns so I don't know the specific laws on rifles here in Texas. I thought that a rifle could be open carried. So why don't you just trow it over your shoulder and let it hang on your back. I am just curious of what possible situation would require a backup AK style gun as a back up for a 40 cal that is a back up for another 40 cal?

Ian0351
May 29, 2009, 02:01 AM
So lunchbox, have you read the mall ninja thread yet? Maybe you should check out Gecko45's myspace too...

FF/EMT, the first line of your last comment is hilarious, considering your profession. I hope you meant NASCAR!

I find it interesting that the OP has still not clarified the situation he anticipates needing this order of battle for.

lunchbox
May 29, 2009, 04:23 AM
im not saying the zombies are coming so i need an ak but **** happens thats all im saying I like to be prepared

TACHop&Pop
May 29, 2009, 05:38 AM
Don't feed the trolls:p

But I have to agree I laughed awhile at this thread:D

redlantrn
May 29, 2009, 07:23 AM
"**** happens thats all im saying I like to be repaired".

Do you proof read your posts, or are you typing from your bike?
As it appears you might have some ill intentions with your setup. I suppose the more important question to as is,
Are you a Blood or a Crip?

Keep em' coming......

B. Lahey
May 29, 2009, 07:39 AM
I like to be repaired

Then riding a crotch-rocket is definitely a wise choice.:D

Dustin0
May 29, 2009, 08:54 AM
Lunch Box you need to Ask a Ninja

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo238/ROC_Death/askaninja.jpg

FF/EMT
May 29, 2009, 09:03 AM
FF/EMT, the first line of your last comment is hilarious, considering your profession. I hope you meant NASCAR!

Haha, ofcourse!....:rolleyes:

I'm sorry but when you see a car do about 13 rolls and then some old lady gets out and just starts walking toward a payphone like nothing happened....it's wildy entertaining.

lunchbox
May 29, 2009, 01:52 PM
yes I suck at typing I know this

lunchbox
May 29, 2009, 01:54 PM
and what about my profession? I don't work for NASCAR??

redlantrn
May 29, 2009, 02:46 PM
Your parents should really consider changing the password on their computer....

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2716/bxp27899.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bxp27899.jpg)
By redlantrn (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/redlantrn)

Dustin0
May 29, 2009, 02:59 PM
Ok Lunch Box the fun is over. I have to know *** makes you think you need that kind of firepower or are you just think that having 3 guns for CCW is cool?

lunchbox
May 29, 2009, 03:04 PM
I dont think its "cool" in fact I prefer no one know as I stated the AK will replace the XDm for the most part

these are getting to be extreme times and I want to be ready for anything again people carry more arms in their cars and trucks nobody says **** to them Im just trying to make do with my bike as I have no car

orangello
May 29, 2009, 03:04 PM
http://www.atvaccessoryoutlet.com/catalog/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=303&idproduct=4446

http://www.atvaccessoryoutlet.com/catalog/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=303&idproduct=4444

http://www.atvaccessoryoutlet.com/catalog/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=303&idproduct=4445

Not exactly low-profile, but protected. I don't know if they might have something similar for your rifle, but it would almost certainly brighten their Friday if you asked them.

Don't feel bad about getting flamed a bit; i laughed at my buddy when he excitedly displayed the cigarette ;) ;) storage capacity of his new pistol grip on his AK. :rolleyes:

lunchbox
May 29, 2009, 03:05 PM
Your parents should really consider changing the password on their computer....

Im 22 Y/O thank you

lunchbox
May 29, 2009, 03:08 PM
again low profile is of the utmost importance

stargazer65
May 29, 2009, 03:54 PM
I agree, this thread does sound dumb.

Have you talked to Super Elitest Team Fighter? He has some good ideas with Duct Tape, etc... this is important because you don't want to lose your AK when you roll your bike in a firefight.:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fdd3aHyj20&NR=1

(BH)
May 29, 2009, 05:11 PM
i salute you, lunchbox.
your tactical genius is an inspiration to us all. you have brought forward the warrior in me and now i know what i must do..... im going to watch some mad max: return to thunderdome and after that im heading out to my garage to mount a potato cannon to the third rail on my tactical skateboard. i mean you never know when your gonna need it. ya know?

FF/EMT
May 29, 2009, 05:16 PM
That video was EXACTLY what I was picturing in my mind with this thread. Hit the nail on the head my friend LOL. Thank you, that made my day.

Ian0351
May 30, 2009, 03:26 AM
Lunchbox: You do not want to be that guy!!! Please remove your processing unit from your waste management department!! One of the mods here has a great saying: think twice, post once... it's good advice. If you look closer at my last post you'll see that I was referencing FF/EMT's post 'this is going to be more fun than a car wreck', hence my addressing him by name.

I like to be repaired too. But if it ain't broke...

Microgunner
May 30, 2009, 09:10 AM
Yo stargazer65,
Great video. I'z wants me one 'o does Sears & Slobuck tacitical shootguns two! I wonder if that guy sits around his livingroom dressed like that?

Warhammer
May 30, 2009, 09:48 AM
LMAO at this thread!

To answer the OP's thread title, yes, it does sound dumb!

For those who haven't seen it, here are the original "Elite Team Fighter" videos that wer being parodied by the video Stargarzer65 posted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kckLMufuObQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgz5rlTInaQ&feature=related
The dude in SG65's video was making fun of this. The sad/scary/pathetic part is that THIS guy is actually serious!

stargazer65
May 30, 2009, 11:19 AM
LOL...Yea I was wondering if lunchbox might be the original Elite Team Fighter

Another parody is Elitest Team Fighter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drxA9d3Ddjw&feature=related

Gotta love the tactical whistle, and the Gore-Tex light gloves (same as Kevlar!):p

I watched these first and then I saw super Elitest Team Fighting and I almost lost bladder control.:D

FF/EMT
May 30, 2009, 06:56 PM
holy crap warhammer....that was...I don't have words....that can't be serious...is it?....that guy.....my god...oh my sweet lord jesus....

Dustin0
May 30, 2009, 08:14 PM
I think we have someone think alone the same lines as lunch box.

Dont for get your PB&J

lunchbox
May 30, 2009, 10:48 PM
where are the ****ing mods you people are not contributing

(BH)
May 30, 2009, 11:25 PM
http://http://idealismodebuteco.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/ninja-baby.jpg

Ian0351
June 1, 2009, 02:00 AM
That's right lunchbox... respond with poorly veiled profanity while simultaneously requesting assistance from a moderator.

davekp95
June 1, 2009, 02:43 AM
well, I can't say anything about a trigger mishap because I just don't have the experience with ak's. But what exactly is the rifle. Is it an ak-47 variant, or an ak-74 type? 74's are smaller, and though I've never held one, I'm guessing with a folding stock, and a short barrel length (ex: ak-74u Krinkov) you might even to be able to fit it in a med/lrg size backpack. But then again if it's an ak-47, you're probably screwed on that.

Personally if I saw you bleeding to death with an ak laying next to you, the only concern I'd have with the gun is that the barrel be pointing in a safe direction. If I had the gun in a backpack, or a saddlebag or something, I would probably have the mag out (of the gun but still in the bag). I would think that if there came a time, where you really needed it, the two xd's should be able to protect you long enough to get out your rifle and put the mag in the gun and get it ready to go.

It seems that you want some serious firepower with you at all times. Nothing wrong with that, but what might be easier, would be a serbu super shorty. I'm sure you can get them in Texas. Just a thought. There's nothing that will leave a mark like a 12 gauge. Ballistics don't lie, I'd trust a 12 gauge any day of my life. The Ak is a proven weapon, and though I'd rather not be shot with any caliber/gun, I would chose to be shot with it rather than a 12 guage slug or buckshot. Or birdshot really! Heck sorry for getting off topic. I hope I helped.

orangello
June 2, 2009, 11:25 AM
Maybe you should consider a larger motorcycle with some storage compartments or one of those little AK pistol-type things.

Don Gwinn
June 3, 2009, 11:05 AM
Lunchbox, I think you've gotten all the "help" you're likely to get here. The trouble is your requirement that the method be low profile and unobtrusive . . . rifles just aren't very small, and motorcycles aren't very big. You might look into something that goes smaller than a folding AK, such as one of the SU-series rifles from Kel-Tec.

I have to say, though, I don't quite get what the big drama is. Is everyone here really saying that a guy on a motorcycle can't carry a rifle around? I mean, it wouldn't be my choice, but I don't have an AK in my trunk, either, or a rifle rack in my pickup. A lot of people do carry rifles in their trunks or in the backs of truck cabs, and I don't hear them getting this kind of grief. Would you all have treated this guy to the same snark if he'd asked "Which is a better truck gun, AK or AR?" Somehow, I don't think that would have started three pages of "Just what do you think you need a handgun and a rifle in your truck for, you 12-year-old poseur?"

I don't work in Florida, but I'm pretty sure no one at my company would declare a scene unsafe because there was a rifle in a vehicle, encased on a vehicle, or on the ground. An AK with a runaway trigger? Seriously? He shouldn't carry an AK on a motorcycle because if he's in an accident, and the rifle is ejected from its case and lands on the ground, emergency personnel arriving on scene will be in danger of that rifle going off and going full-auto as it lays on the ground?

This isn't as hard as some of you are trying to make it. He needs to carry the rifle safely and discreetly if he's going to carry it on the bike at all. If you know a way to do that, you can help. If you don't know a way to do that, you can't help. Easy.

lunchbox
June 3, 2009, 12:49 PM
A big thank you sir

that is what i have been saying all along

there is a gun I may have sold if so I will look more into a SUB2000 or something of that nature I was stuck on the AK because I had a trade pending that fell through anyway Im sure I can come up with a way to mount it I just need to find the right box case or whatever

Lunchbox, I think you've gotten all the "help" you're likely to get here. The trouble is your requirement that the method be low profile and unobtrusive . . . rifles just aren't very small, and motorcycles aren't very big. You might look into something that goes smaller than a folding AK, such as one of the SU-series rifles from Kel-Tec.

I have to say, though, I don't quite get what the big drama is. Is everyone here really saying that a guy on a motorcycle can't carry a rifle around? I mean, it wouldn't be my choice, but I don't have an AK in my trunk, either, or a rifle rack in my pickup. A lot of people do carry rifles in their trunks or in the backs of truck cabs, and I don't hear them getting this kind of grief. Would you all have treated this guy to the same snark if he'd asked "Which is a better truck gun, AK or AR?" Somehow, I don't think that would have started three pages of "Just what do you think you need a handgun and a rifle in your truck for, you 12-year-old poseur?"

I don't work in Florida, but I'm pretty sure no one at my company would declare a scene unsafe because there was a rifle in a vehicle, encased on a vehicle, or on the ground. An AK with a runaway trigger? Seriously? He shouldn't carry an AK on a motorcycle because if he's in an accident, and the rifle is ejected from its case and lands on the ground, emergency personnel arriving on scene will be in danger of that rifle going off and going full-auto as it lays on the ground?

This isn't as hard as some of you are trying to make it. He needs to carry the rifle safely and discreetly if he's going to carry it on the bike at all. If you know a way to do that, you can help. If you don't know a way to do that, you can't help. Easy.

stargazer65
June 3, 2009, 12:58 PM

I apologize for my part in this Lunchbox.:o It appears you were a victim of TFL user profiling by a stereotype.

johnwilliamson062
June 3, 2009, 02:38 PM
I am his friend on facebook. I will pose the question.

lunchbox
June 5, 2009, 11:46 PM
I am his friend on facebook. I will pose the question.

anything??

techbrute
June 7, 2009, 09:30 AM
As a firefighter, if you wrecked and I was walking up and saw that weapon, legally I would not be able to help you. I find it sad that you fall in the same category as the people in the Million Mom March. That is, people that think a firearm has the capacity to simply jump off the table and start shooting people of its own accord.

And that you are so afraid of these firearms, that you wouldn't perform your sworn duty... sad.

ETA: Oh, and as the title states, I do think it sounds dumb to carry a rifle on a motorcycle. This has no bearing on the OP's right to do so legally.

lunchbox
June 8, 2009, 01:24 PM
I find it sad that you fall in the same category as the people in the Million Mom March. That is, people that think a firearm has the capacity to simply jump off the table and start shooting people of its own accord.

And that you are so afraid of these firearms, that you wouldn't perform your sworn duty... sad.

I agree:cool:

ArcticNemo
June 15, 2009, 04:26 PM
+1 on the PLR
Steady it over the seat or bars for kneeling shots. Scope and sight for 200yards and the drop isn't too bad at 300.
The SU-16 (B or CA)folds to 7x24", and fits nicely in a big pack. Riding and shooting, two great things that go great together.