PDA

View Full Version : CCW in a Restricted Area

Housezealot
May 12, 2009, 12:54 PM
I always lock my gun up and switch to pepper spray when I am in an area that is Restricted for carry in my state, But I know a few guys that carry every were that doesn't have a metal detector.
I was wondering how many people know some one that carries everywere? (not counting LEO)

bigghoss
May 12, 2009, 02:01 PM
you're asking people to admit to illegal activity. I'm sure nobody on this board does or condones anything like that anyway.

http://www.morningstar.nildram.co.uk/ibtl.jpg

The Great Mahoo
May 12, 2009, 02:02 PM
There aren't a whole lot of places that I go which have limitations on carry. There are no limitations on places which serve alcohol (bars or restaraunts) which many states have, so I really only have to be careful around government buildings and schools. I don't have any reason to be on school grounds these days, being out of school and not having any children, and I don't find myself going to any federal property much, especially with the ease of the internet able to do most things that would take me there.

On the rare occassion I go anywhere I can't carry, my gun stays in the car. No exceptions.

NavyLT
May 12, 2009, 03:05 PM
I will carry past a no firearms sign, but I will not break the law.

Bauer
May 12, 2009, 03:26 PM
Who in there right mind would admit to anything but the latter on this forum? That being said, I ONLY carry in places where it is completely legal. The only restriction I don't agree with is not allowing concealed carry on campus. Hopefully this changes eventually.

brickeyee
May 12, 2009, 03:37 PM
Carry into some of the 'restricted areas' I enter on a daily basis and you will be talking to a Federal Court judge while wearing a nice orange jump suit.

Even a gun in the car is verboten.

Facility security are the only ones allowed to have guns, and they walk around with a 12 gauge around the perimeter fence every few minutes, not counting all the cameras watching.

Housezealot
May 12, 2009, 03:55 PM
you're asking people to admit to illegal activity. I'm sure nobody on this board does or condones anything like that anyway.

I'm just asking if you know guys that do this. I agree it would be foolish to do it.(let alone admit to it)
I don't want to lose my right to carry just for the sake of carring inside a bar.
after a few minutes of thought I asked the mods to take this poll down soon , I don't figure satisfing my curiosity is worth the negatives.

Vanya
May 12, 2009, 06:09 PM
after a few minutes of thought I asked the mods to take this poll down soon , I don't figure satisfing my curiosity is worth the negatives.

An excellent choice... well done.

YARDDOG(1)
May 12, 2009, 06:20 PM
I ussually don't go where ccing is prohibatid ;)

tblt44
May 12, 2009, 06:36 PM
I dono

Capt Charlie
May 12, 2009, 11:40 PM

And with that, we'll call this one closed.

Remember folks; think twice, post once ;).