PDA

View Full Version : Help with value of Browning.

KCB
April 13, 2009, 12:12 PM
Hello guys, I have a shotgun that I inherited and I wanted to see if someone could give me a rough value of it. It's an unfired, mint condition Browning Duck's Unlimited Edition Sweet 16 Auto-Five from 1988. All of the chokes and paperwork are there as if it was just bought from the store. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Waterengineer
April 13, 2009, 12:21 PM
Do you have the box? That makes a difference.

Also, what was the original price on the paperwork? I'm curious.

KCB
April 13, 2009, 12:28 PM
Yes the original Duck's Unlimited hard case is with it. Not sure on the original price though.

johnbt
April 13, 2009, 12:35 PM
It looks like there are at least 2 for sale on gunsamerica.com - one for $2300 and one for $2500.

But here's one on gunbroker.com that actually SOLD for $1885.

www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=125622649

BigJimP
April 13, 2009, 12:47 PM
A picture would help - but I would say $1,500 - $2,500 - but unfired, it might be a little more if you can find the right collector / depending on how appealing it is, etc. - but I doubt it would be over $ 3,000 in any condition.

Did it come with a hard case ? If yes, that will add to the value a little - or help you sell it. 1988 - it probably has the Invector chokes in it vs the newer Invector Plus - but that should not be a big deal.

16ga is not as popular today as it was 40 years ago. Today there is such a wide range of shells available that you can balistically make a 12ga like a 16 or 20 ga very easily. If you really want to sell it - you might talk to Cabellas or a higher end gun shop in your area and put it on consignment / but I wouldn't risk any handling scratches. If you want to keep and insure it, I would put $3,000 on it.

If you shoot it for any reason - the value will probably go down at least 30% even if all you do is put 3 or 4 shells thru it.

You might do a search on gunsamerica.com they probably have some for sale.

earlthegoat2
April 14, 2009, 09:34 AM
Ive seen plenty of "unfired" guns bought off GB. Unless your absolutely sure I would be skeptical. That said it should bring a pretty good price if as described.