View Full Version : Help with value of Browning.

April 13, 2009, 12:12 PM
Hello guys, I have a shotgun that I inherited and I wanted to see if someone could give me a rough value of it. It's an unfired, mint condition Browning Duck's Unlimited Edition Sweet 16 Auto-Five from 1988. All of the chokes and paperwork are there as if it was just bought from the store. Thanks in advance for any replies.

April 13, 2009, 12:21 PM
Do you have the box? That makes a difference.

Also, what was the original price on the paperwork? I'm curious.

April 13, 2009, 12:28 PM
Yes the original Duck's Unlimited hard case is with it. Not sure on the original price though.

April 13, 2009, 12:35 PM
It looks like there are at least 2 for sale on gunsamerica.com - one for $2300 and one for $2500.

But here's one on gunbroker.com that actually SOLD for $1885.

April 13, 2009, 12:47 PM
A picture would help - but I would say $1,500 - $2,500 - but unfired, it might be a little more if you can find the right collector / depending on how appealing it is, etc. - but I doubt it would be over $ 3,000 in any condition.

Did it come with a hard case ? If yes, that will add to the value a little - or help you sell it. 1988 - it probably has the Invector chokes in it vs the newer Invector Plus - but that should not be a big deal.

16ga is not as popular today as it was 40 years ago. Today there is such a wide range of shells available that you can balistically make a 12ga like a 16 or 20 ga very easily. If you really want to sell it - you might talk to Cabellas or a higher end gun shop in your area and put it on consignment / but I wouldn't risk any handling scratches. If you want to keep and insure it, I would put $3,000 on it.

If you shoot it for any reason - the value will probably go down at least 30% even if all you do is put 3 or 4 shells thru it.

You might do a search on gunsamerica.com they probably have some for sale.

April 14, 2009, 09:34 AM
Ive seen plenty of "unfired" guns bought off GB. Unless your absolutely sure I would be skeptical. That said it should bring a pretty good price if as described.