PDA

View Full Version : white butt plate spacers

collier281
April 12, 2009, 03:11 PM
who knows where to buy them, or can you make your own out of what?
thanks

jmr40
April 12, 2009, 03:18 PM
I take all of mine off and throw them away. I have heard of people making them from white plastic bottles or white plastic buckets.

dalecooper51
April 12, 2009, 03:27 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=417322

Superhouse 15
April 12, 2009, 05:03 PM
you can cut up and use old credit cards.

dgludwig
April 13, 2009, 06:32 AM
I take all of mine off and throw them away.

Same here. If I knew what size you wanted, I'd send you one free.

zippy13
April 13, 2009, 09:24 AM
I've got one that's so old it's a NOS Herters* with a red lightening bolt sandwiched between white plastic. You want it, you got it, if I can find it. Has a matching fore end spacer for a rifle.

*How many of you other oldpharts remember the Herters catalog?

Pete

Ruger4570
April 13, 2009, 10:23 AM
Ahhhh! Herters, I remember them well. I have bought many thing from them in the past. I picked up a couple of gunstocks that were very well figured for a LOT less than any other place. I still have a Herters Reloading book filed someplace. As with ALL Herter products, they hump their products in the reloading book. You remember "Model Perfect" as in everything they sold? Herters sold generally good stuff, just that most didn't have the polish or finish other brands had, but they worked as advertised though.
I wish they were still around, I always looked forward to getting a new catalog from them.

dgludwig
April 13, 2009, 03:48 PM
*How many of you other oldpharts remember the Herters catalog?

Oh yeah, it was the Cabela's/Bass Pro of its time. Like Ruger4570 and many others I'm sure, the Herter's catalog was something that I really looked forward to getting. I think I still have at least one of them somewhere up in the attic.

olddrum1
April 13, 2009, 10:25 PM
Bleach and old soap jugs. You can get about any color you want.