PDA

View Full Version : stupid question

mp25ds4
April 11, 2009, 08:46 AM
On mossbergs website where it says 6 shot and 8 shot for the shot capacity does it mean 5+1 and 7+1 or 6+1 and 8+1?
thanks

Katrina Guy
April 11, 2009, 08:49 AM
My Mossberg persuader only holds five rounds unchambered. Misleading isn't it.

GetYerShells
April 11, 2009, 08:52 AM
Another thing to consider, my Mossberg 500 Persuader came with a magazine block. With that in you can only hold 3 rounds, take it out and then you get your 5+1.

tomgun
April 11, 2009, 08:58 AM
i bought a crusier that was listed 4+1.....i unscrewed the cap on the feed tube and found a dowl 9" long,removed it and have a 7@2 3/4+1.
for hunting check the laws in your state.

mp25ds4
April 11, 2009, 09:00 AM
ok so when it says 6 and 8 shot its including the shells that are chambered

Dingoboyx
April 11, 2009, 09:02 AM
But check your local laws (especially if you are in Kaliforni) and find out what the penalty for removing it is, you might find the simple act of removing it, is not worth the cost if you are caught with it removed.

My advice would be if it is quick & easy remove and replace, only remove it AT THE LINE, of your range when you are loading up, and PUT IT BACK IN BEFORE you leave the LINE.... in case L/E is waiting behind the line with his cuffs out ready for you, the gun is fine, he must have miscounted your shots :D (can happen) In other words, dont have it out while driving to & from the range, and dont get caught in a HD situation, where you are in the right, but your gun was illegal at the time :eek:

Best you check the local laws and do the right thing IMO ;)

Dingoboyx
April 11, 2009, 09:06 AM
Katrina guy answered that question. he said his 6 shot only holds 5 shots UNCHAMBERED (post 2) thats why he said "misleading, isn't it :eek:

zippy13
April 11, 2009, 09:58 AM
^ Confusing, too.

scorpion_tyr
April 11, 2009, 10:03 AM
Last time I checked Remington's website they used the same method to describe capacity.

Dos
April 11, 2009, 10:05 AM
In a country that still measusres TV screens DIAGONALLY....yeh, you are always "getting the shaft" with the "HYPE" in advertising..

Dingoboyx
April 11, 2009, 10:14 AM
is that the manufacturer is selling the gun as a 6 shot (holds 6) but 1 shot is in the chamber, so it is actually a 5 shot mag with the breech closed on an empty chamber. You can add one to the chamber and it is actually holding 6 shots (but not real safe) So it should (or is) sold as a 5+1 but they advertise it as a 6 shot.... misleading, as KatrinaGuy said. If you want to have it loaded and closed on an empty chamber, the guns are actually only 5 or 7 shot, not 6 & 8 as advertised (or implied) :cool::D

Got it? Good.... me too :D

Dingoboyx
April 11, 2009, 10:16 AM
5+1 & 7+1 :o:D

RoscoeC
April 11, 2009, 04:26 PM
The plug is only required if you are hunting migratory game birds (dove, snipe, woodcock, teal, goose, etc.) At least that is the way it is in Texas. In this case the gun has to be limited to 3 rounds total. When the act was first enacted, most folks had double barrels and the thinking was that those new high capacity repeaters would have folks mowing them down by the thousands. Anyone that has ever participated in hunting these things knows how ridiculous that notion is. Nonetheless that is the law.

So, around here, anyway unless you are out in the field hunting, the plug is unnecessary. Removing them and putting them back is easy.

hogdogs
April 11, 2009, 04:50 PM
Not that I am any thing more than a stupid client (I choose to represent myself in legal proceedings) I am betting that a wooden dowel would not satisfy a MUNICIPAL type capacity law "ON ALL SHOTGUNS" such as HD/SD usage. If there were such laws they would require a permanent magazine modification.
Brent

zippy13
April 12, 2009, 10:39 AM
^ If there were such laws they would require a permanent magazine modification.
You betcha! During the "assault weapon ban" countless rifle and pistol box mags were ruined by having their floor plates welded in place to prevent the removal of a plug/limiter.

Katrina Guy
April 12, 2009, 11:31 AM
advertised is I think regarding 2 3/4" shells, not 3" shells which, since they are longer and there is only so much distance in the magazine, will not hold as many 3" shells.
LOLOL on the diagonal television measurement!
here's another one for a chuckle, automobiles, the only metric measurement to my knowledge is in motor size, so many liters, 5.7 Liter for instance, everything else on the vehicle including radiator capacity and oil and fuel capacities are standard (or American for you fer-n-ers). That always got me as silly, grocery store liquids, everything in standard except silly 2 liter bottles of pop.