PDA

View Full Version : Rem. 870 Barrels

spartan615
April 10, 2009, 07:57 AM
I have an 870 with a 26" barrel or something around there. I was wondering what is available for shorter barrels. Also, where are the best prices? I've been seeing around 150. It's hard to pay that when the gun itself cost around 270 or so. Pretty new to shooting, and it's my first shotgun, thanks for the help.

ilmonster
April 10, 2009, 08:18 AM
Yes, there are quite a few barrels for 870's shorter than what you have. There is the ubiquitous 18" HD barrel, and they also make a 20" fixed choke barrel (I recently bought a 20", blued, fixed IC choke barrel), and 21" barrel from their turkey shotgun. Finishes range from parkerized on Police models to bead blasted blue (some issues with rust with this finish) on the Express models to traditional blued from Police and Wingmaster models. They can be had in the classified section of this and other similar sites, Gunsamerica.com and Gunbroker.com. I bought my 20" for $130 and sold the 18" barrel it replaced for $70 (the bluing was pretty worn, but the bore was shiney). Good luck!

Chesster
April 10, 2009, 09:57 AM
I bought one of the Mossberg 18" bbls for around $75 shipped. It turned an old 870 Wingmaster fieldgun into a dandy HD staple.