PDA

View Full Version : March 2009 Photo Contest Voting Poll

Bud Helms
April 1, 2009, 04:25 PM
Vote for your favorite pic from the March 2009 Photo Contest in the poll above.

The contest thread is here (http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341764).

Comments are welcome.

Nikop23
April 1, 2009, 04:26 PM
What poll?

Bud Helms
April 1, 2009, 05:08 PM
Nikop23, the vBulletin software requires you to submit a thread in order to post a poll. So you have to start a thread then go back into the thread to build the poll. There's no way to keep the thread out of sight while you're building it. So while the poll is being assembled, you can't see the poll, but you can see the opening post. Some knucklehead comes along every month and asks (while I'm building the poll) "What poll?"

See it now?

mrray13
April 1, 2009, 05:13 PM
lots of good pics...but i had to make sure i didn't goose egg..lol

12GaugeShuggoth
April 1, 2009, 06:45 PM
I voted for KeithR41, something I just liked about the picture.:)

ClemBert
April 1, 2009, 09:03 PM
It's April...when does the April thread start?

Shadi Khalil
April 2, 2009, 07:59 PM
Doogle got my vote again, well done sir.

gedenke
April 3, 2009, 11:53 PM
K-Loader's pic is cool, but it just looks fake....sorry.

My vote goes to CLAYBROOK because photographically, that's just a nice shot. Honorable mention to Doogle as well.

Nice work everyone!

djohn
April 4, 2009, 01:05 AM
I voted claybrook post 46 the buckmark tactical setup looks great and the pro like photography and background setting was a nice touch.

tuckerdog1
April 4, 2009, 09:29 PM
I voted mrray13. Two guns I want in the same shot.

Tuckerdog1

Bud Helms
April 5, 2009, 05:19 AM
Clembert: It's April...when does the April thread start?

Dang! I thought I'd done that. I will open that this morning.

[Edit: Done. Thanks for that reminder.]

Shadi Khalil
April 6, 2009, 10:08 AM
This poll stays open for the whole month?

K-Loader
April 6, 2009, 04:54 PM
I voted for #46 by Claybrook, with #15 by Axel357 a real close second. Excellent lighting in both.

As for gedenke’s comment on my photo…K-Loader's pic is cool, but it just looks fake....sorry

While the image may look surreal, I can assure you it’s the real deal. Hi-speed photography captures/freezes action you wouldn’t otherwise see. Below are a couple more I’ve done recently. Maybe they will change your mind. Both photos were taken about 1/2,000th of a second after the bullet struck the object, and frozen with an exposure of approx 1/30,000th of a second.

In the Mk III photo, I estimate the strobe lights fired about 1/10,000th of a second after the muzzle flash, resulting in the gun and the smoke being exposed that split second after the powder flash—effectively a double exposure.

http://www.pbase.com/djc/image/94292636/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/djc/image/110245706/original.jpg

gedenke
April 6, 2009, 06:58 PM
K-Loader...I hope you didn't take offense to my comment, because I do in fact really like your pic. My apologies...I'm not a photographer, and my first impression was that it was too cool to be real (photoshop or something).

Obviously, you take amazing pictures. I especially like the one with the light bulb. :cool:

(P.S. I think you're winning the poll, so I don't think my voting hurt you any! :D)

Rich Miranda
April 7, 2009, 01:30 AM
I voted for OttoJara.

Brody looks like the town sheriff after he ran the latest hoodlum gang out of town!

Great pic and great background.

Bud Helms
April 8, 2009, 08:53 AM
teifmen1948: This poll stays open for the whole month?

No, I've corrected that. ;) But ... in case some have seen that original closing date and are lolligaging their vote 'cause they have a whole month, I did leave it open through the 10th.

OhioAAA
April 9, 2009, 07:55 PM
great job guys!

Shadi Khalil
April 9, 2009, 08:11 PM
No, I've corrected that. But ... in case some have seen that original closing date and are lolligaging their vote 'cause they have a whole month, I did leave it open through the 10th.

I knew there could only be a good reason..;)

thanks bud.