PDA

View Full Version : This is an odd question...

Noskov
March 31, 2009, 04:24 AM
But, what semi-auto shotgun is nearly identical dimension/proportion wise to the Mossberg 500 and 590?

Having been unable to sell my bullpup I've been contemplating swapping out the 500 thats installed and replacing it with a semi to experiment with.

Lee Lapin
March 31, 2009, 07:21 PM
Your biggest problem with that idea is the bolt return spring and tube that protrude from the back of the receiver on most all semiauto shotgun designs... far as I know, there are none that will fit the Mossberg housing.

You could always buy a High Standard Model 10 though... http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=126074737 . They were based on the High Standard Supermatic, which had no bolt return mechanism in the stock.

lpl

Noskov
March 31, 2009, 11:59 PM
I was thinking of buying Model 10 but I had read from owners that they were very picky as to what type of shell and weren't the most reliable amongst other things.

Slopemeno
April 1, 2009, 02:12 AM
10-A's and 10-B's need full power ammo to function. That being said I shot a round of sporting clays with one using Winchester AA+'s. It *barely* functioned, but id made it through the course.

I'd just buy an 870 and move forward, myself.