PDA

View Full Version : 410 choke question

jisco
March 28, 2009, 10:26 AM
hello! I ordered a Rossi Braztech 410 shotgun yesterday and need some advice.
Do any of you know of a way to get choke tubes installed if I end up shortening the barrel?
I think the stock barrel will be 28 inches with modified choke.
I'd like to play around with my choke options if any.

thanks for your time,

jisco

Waterengineer
March 28, 2009, 10:37 AM
IMHO, getting: a) the barrel shortened, b) the barrel cut for choke tubes and c) the purchase of tubes will be more $$$ than you paid for the gun.

hogdogs
March 28, 2009, 11:16 AM
Shoot it as is... Buy an old Mossberg bolt action .410 (usually real low bucks) with the factory installed poly choke. Then you just give 'er a twist and get a different pattern... to inspect the innards of the poly choke just simply unscrew it all the way and look the petals over for consistency in static angle and tips are all the same...
Brent

zippy13
March 28, 2009, 01:54 PM
Greetings, Jisco, and welcome aboard

The Florida folks speak the truth. Generally it's much cheaper to find a new gun that suits your needs rather than have it adapted after the fact. About the only thing you should have to alter is the stock for a proper fit -- it's like adjusting the seat and mirrors on a new car.

a7mmnut
March 28, 2009, 02:20 PM
Hogdogs, can you post a pic of a .410 with a Polychoke? I'd like to see one myself. I also bought the Rossi set for my boy. It comes with a modified barrel, so I know what you're getting at. It does pretty well with #9's or rifled slugs. -7-

hogdogs
March 28, 2009, 02:37 PM
http://www.ogallerie.com/auctions/2007-10/100203_2.jpg
http://www.box54.com/model183d.jpg
there ya go...
Brent

a7mmnut
March 28, 2009, 02:40 PM
Great! Now that's the s***, er...stuff for a young lad! I would have been a legend in my own mind had I grown up with one of those. You got any idea how many were made? -7-

hogdogs
March 28, 2009, 03:34 PM
JILLIONS!!!! Sold for under 30 bucks most of the time...
Mine was my dad's first "real" gun... It was a great shooter and I took tons of game... Second shots on pheasant were common too...:D
Brent

roy reali
March 28, 2009, 08:34 PM
What on Earth would you use that shotgun pictured on the bottom for. Goodness, a .410 gauge shotgun could be used for pterodactyls.;)

hogdogs
March 28, 2009, 08:39 PM
Mine was like the top one and had been refinished by my dad with regular poly urethane...
It was one of the many stolen in the burglary in about 92 or so:(
Brent