PDA

View Full Version : New shotgun

Ridge_Runner_5
March 24, 2009, 01:28 AM
Picked up a Charles Daly Field Tactical 12ga today for $250 out the door with tax..looking for a stock with a pistol grip, and maybe a handguard with a flashlight mount on it.

Any ideas?

I've heard that some parts are interchangable with the 11-87, is that true?

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8339/arsenal.jpg

zippy13
March 24, 2009, 02:17 AM
^Any ideas?
Yep, leave it unaltered and turn boat load of shells into a pile of hulls.

Ridge_Runner_5
March 24, 2009, 11:54 AM
That works, too:o

asmurff
March 25, 2009, 10:58 AM
Charles Daly offers the pistol grip stock for $56.50 shipped. Brownells for the rest.

Available thru the Charles Daly Forums isn the Daly Classifieds section.

Ordered mine over the weekend.:)

New_Pollution1086
March 25, 2009, 11:37 AM
Nice looking collection,

Im curious why you went with the charles daly if the plan was to modify it? I would think that mossberg and remington would have a lot more aftermarket.

And have you ever shot a PGO 12ga? not a fun time. But hey you'll have the coolest mall ninja set up ever.

T

Ridge_Runner_5
March 25, 2009, 02:42 PM
Charles Daly offers the pistol grip stock for $56.50 shipped. Brownells for the rest.

Available thru the Charles Daly Forums isn the Daly Classifieds section.

Ordered mine over the weekend.

Registered on the forums last night and saw that...probably will buy it when I have some spare cash...

Nice looking collection,

Im curious why you went with the charles daly if the plan was to modify it? I would think that mossberg and remington would have a lot more aftermarket.

And have you ever shot a PGO 12ga? not a fun time. But hey you'll have the coolest mall ninja set up ever.

T

Two reason I bought the CD. One was the cost. $250 out the door from Big 5 is very affordable entry into shotguns. Also, the ergonomics. Its very lightweight, which I like. I tried some Mosbergs and Benellis, but the pump action was too far out for me to comfortably operate with my stubby arms. The CD is just long enough for me, and feels similar to my AR.

I fired a shotgun about 10 years ago in Boy Scouts...knocked me on my ass. :p I was around 12-13 at the time...
I'll be going to try some trap shooting next week, when the weather warms up here.

hogdogs
March 25, 2009, 03:49 PM
"stock with pistol grip" not PGO...
Brent

Ridge_Runner_5
March 26, 2009, 01:31 AM
Yeah, PGO I dont think I'd keep for more than a last resort home defense weapon...had one for a short time (Winchester 1300 XTR), but later sold it to a friend after his apartment got broken into...never shot it.