PDA

View Full Version : My designs for a perfect pump shotgun.

Super-Dave
March 10, 2009, 08:45 PM
You start with a steel remington 870 reciever. You completely chrome line everything on the inside.

You then install a completly steel trigger housing group which enables slam firing with all parts chrome lined.

You use a remington 870 designed type safety made from steel.

You put a threaded magazine tube on it like the mossberg 500's (so you can easily disasemble the shotgun for compact storage) Also chrome line the magazine tube.

Use a winchester or benelli designed rotating bolt. Chrome lined and then heavily parkerize the bolt.

You then use the shell feed lift design from a mossberg 500 (that way you can do quick reloads faster)

Next you use a 18" chrome lined heavy barrel which is threaded for chokes. (as thick as the mossberg 590 barrel).

You then use the front and rear site of a mossberg 930 spx.

You put on a mossberg 590 bayonet mount and then add a speedfeed 13" lop pistol grip stock.

To finish it off you armor kote the entire shotgun like the remington 887.

There you have it folkes the perfect shotgun.

RedneckFur
March 11, 2009, 01:21 AM
Perfect for what? I cant see winning many skeet matches with that rig.

Gats Italian
March 11, 2009, 02:00 AM
Why not just buy a Mossberg 590A1, send it to Robar to be NP3d inside and out and be done with it?;)

feudalson
March 11, 2009, 02:10 AM
just buy an 870 marine magnum

freakintoguns
March 11, 2009, 02:12 AM
so, whats wrong witha run of the mill Remington 870/mossberg 500 series/ benelli nova/supernova?

Super-Dave
March 11, 2009, 06:49 AM
needs internal chrome lining. Needs much harder protecticve coating on the outside. Needs a remington 870 safety design for the use of a pistol grip full length stock. It needs the removable magazine tube of a mossberg 500 it and so on and so on.

Each company makes a great contribution to the pump shotgun design. If you can combine the best features of the mossberg 500, 930 spx, 590, remington 870,887, benelli nova, winchester 1300

You then have the best pump shotgun ever made.

TheManHimself
March 11, 2009, 07:31 AM
Chrome lined and then heavily parkerize the bolt.

Parkerization is a conversion coating process. Can't Parkerize over chrome plating.

Super-Dave
March 11, 2009, 07:39 AM
well then you need to coat the chrome bolt with something to keep it from being to shiny.

freakintoguns
March 11, 2009, 03:16 PM
why do they need to be chrome lined? thats what im not getting. what benefits does that have? and what are the drawbacks of the current designs?

zippy13
March 12, 2009, 02:07 AM
Super Dave:
I suspect you're thinking of the chrome plating for corrosion resistance. Since you're dreaming, forget about increased machining costs and go with a corrosion resistant metal like stainless steel or something more exotic.

Back in the day, F.K. (Rex/Red) Elliott was known as the maker of the best chamber reamers. He's been gone for some time, but I recall a story from 40 years ago. He'd just shown me a reamer in .460 Weatherby Mag that had been ordered by a VP of Remington Arms when he mentioned his young nieces. Apparently they'd done something that had resulted in the ruination, by corrosion, of his .22 Colt pistol's barrel. He doted on the girls, and didn't get upset. When I asked him what he did about the rusty barrel, he commented, "Oh, I just made a new one out of Monel Metal -- let them try to rust that stuff."