PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 1894C (357) broken carrier

ArizonaRick
March 3, 2009, 11:46 PM
I have a Marlin 1894c with a broken carrier (don't leave gun on back of truck when the dog is sleeping). I order a replacement from Gun Parts Corp, but it seems to need more fitting than I can muster. My question is, should I sent the rifle to Marlin or find a local gunsmith. I live in North Phoenix (near Ben Avery). If you can recomend a local gunsmith - that would be great.

Any suggestions or recomendations would be appreciated.

Thanks, Arizona Rick.

sadsack
March 4, 2009, 11:12 AM
Arizona: Just out of curiosity, what broke on the carrier?

ArizonaRick
March 7, 2009, 04:46 PM
The carrier broke about in the center. It fell from my pick up with the lever open. I purchase one from Gun Parts Corp - but is slightly larger and needs to me fitted.

sadsack
March 8, 2009, 12:27 AM
Arizona: That's something I've never seen before. If you send it back to Marlin they probably will fix it for you under warranty.

Tom2
March 9, 2009, 08:31 PM
Now you got me worried. Does the part look like a machined part or a casting? I know they use castings in modern Win. 94's, I had a pistol caliber one once, and the carrier or cartridge lifter or whatever, broke in half one day. I could see it was a cast part right off. Had no trouble with the replacement fitting or working.

sadsack
March 10, 2009, 02:31 AM
Tom: It's a cast part.