PDA

View Full Version : February 2009 Photo Contest Voting Poll

Bud Helms
March 1, 2009, 01:08 AM
Vote for your favorite pic from the Feb 2009 Photo Contest thread.

SilentHitz
March 1, 2009, 08:59 AM
#26, Nice B&W pic...also reminded me of a spot I hunted in one of the few snows we have down here. Mostly we just get ice and slush LOL.

Shane Tuttle
March 1, 2009, 11:19 AM
I liked singlesix's antique shade of light with some classics.

But Renny's pic of an old blackpowder pistol takes the cake. Combine that with a perfect background and well supporting props earns my vote.

rbb50
March 1, 2009, 12:22 PM
Sorry guys I tried and tried to get a good photo of my ultimate stainless colt king cobra but after about 50 pictures and narrowing it down to about 5 good ones I could not decide which one in time LOL

It is hard to take a picture of a mirror I found out real fast LOL

I voted for Het because he had a photo almost just like one I made of the colt king cobra but I had a stetson hat and no boot or shirt in the picture.

That's about where I was at...pick a good photo I made then look at the photos entered and find out Het's looks way better than the one I made LOL

Oh well back to the drawing board with that colt for next months contest and I'm already working on some new photos for it today :D

Doogle
March 1, 2009, 07:12 PM
...a very good photo. Crisp and a good mix of grey tones.

D Stanz
March 1, 2009, 08:03 PM
I absolutely love the use of the Dead Man's Hand in that photo. It makes me imagine a Derringer sized pistol being pulled in the middle of a heated card game.

It's a modern take on what Wild Bill Hickok went through in his last moments on earth.

Kudos to the photographer.

Shadi Khalil
March 1, 2009, 09:38 PM
I gave it to Renny. My photog GF gave my a million reasons why its a good pic, I just thought it looked cool.

Nice work Renny.

SKULLANDCROSSBONES65
March 2, 2009, 01:07 AM
G'day. A shotgun and golf clubs. Handicap! what handicap? The one liners are endless. A nice photo with some humor.

MasterCrafter
March 2, 2009, 11:14 AM
Poker & pistols. What more could you want?

BanditSRT8
March 2, 2009, 09:18 PM
I have to admit this month it is TOUGH. Some really excellent photos.

I'm still shocked that last month the photo that was voted in had the subject out of focus :confused: :confused:

This month we have a lot of serious contenders!! Great work everyone.

IdahoG36
March 3, 2009, 12:12 AM
I'm still shocked that last month the photo that was voted in had the subject out of focus

I took that photo and that was the point of the pic. The reflection was the main point of the pic.:D

BanditSRT8
March 3, 2009, 01:02 AM
Sorry, my confusion... I was thinking of the runner up, Benny's photo. The Beretta was totally out of focus (and not in an intentional way).

Sorry if I confused anyone....

chief
March 3, 2009, 09:46 PM
Great pics! I was torn between 3..

Renny's one step ahead with creativity imo..

Shane Tuttle
March 3, 2009, 10:47 PM
Looks like Renny's taking the lead. I wish I could have a copy of that pic to hang in my reloading area. That's how much I like it...

Brianb131
March 4, 2009, 10:17 PM
They are all great!

gobm667
March 4, 2009, 11:40 PM
thanks to the guy that liked my pic # 26 this is the first time ive entered this i enjoy looking at everyones pics. im proud of my first entry its got a few votes. i like the dead mans hand ruger myself! ill be doing this more. thanks guys much respect