PDA

View Full Version : Urban HD: Whats your plan?

Firepower!
February 26, 2009, 02:40 PM
In an urban setup what is your plan for HD?
At night I keep M4A1 with 10 magazines and a Glock21.

Whats is your setup? How long can you draw out a gun fight?

okiebuckout
February 26, 2009, 02:43 PM
At your bedside, you have 10 mags ready to go? Wow, what are you anticipating? Where do you live to need this amount of sustainable firepower?

Mike Irwin
February 26, 2009, 02:46 PM
Only ONE magazine for the Glock?

Holy crap you're not prepared!

:rolleyes:

Nightstand has a .38/.357 revolver with two extra speed loaders.

In the closet is my S&W 3000 riot gun.

5 rounds of Sellier & Belliot 12 pellet 00 buckshot in the butt cuff and 4 rounds of Remington No 4. buckshot in the magazine.

If that doesn't work, I've also got my AR-15 M2 configuration in there.

David Armstrong
February 26, 2009, 02:47 PM
How long can you draw out a gun fight?
For the rest of my life<G>! Can't think of a home defense scenario in this day and time, however, that can't be solves with whatever handgun I use for a night gun (usually a Glock 17).

Whiteboy67
February 26, 2009, 02:59 PM
I have a 590 under the bed with some 2 3/4" slugs and my .45acp in the safe.

Wildalaska
February 26, 2009, 03:03 PM
Nightstand has a .38/.357 revolver with two extra speed loaders.

In the closet is my S&W 3000 riot gun.

Flashback to the 1970s.....:p

Wildthatsokihaveabrowning1910/55loadedbymybedAlaska ™

outdoorman63
February 26, 2009, 03:04 PM
just my carry gun and extra mag and surefire light in the nightstand, the rest is in the safe, my wifes is in her nightstand also

Sparks2112
February 26, 2009, 03:05 PM
P7 PSP, and a Flashlight. :-) The P7 is the only gun my wife will let me keep out and loaded. Also the only gun she can/will shoot.

The Great Mahoo
February 26, 2009, 03:16 PM
I live in the sub-urbs! I guess I'm ok :p

I keep my carry gun in a quick access safe in my bedroom, along with 2 extra mags. No need for anything else to make me feel safe. How long could I prolong a fight? As long as it takes me to get away or end it. Lets just hope 18 rounds is enough.

Actually, there is another pistol in there at the moment, too. My main safe is getting full :(

Mike Irwin
February 26, 2009, 03:23 PM
"Flashback to the 1970s....."

I've got a .32 gun in my pocket for fun, and a razor in my shoe.

Wildalaska
February 26, 2009, 03:29 PM
I've got a .32 gun in my pocket for fun, and a razor in my shoe.

O god....hours stuck in traffic on the Garden State Parkway in 90 F heat with Jim Croce played over and over and over and over and over....

Wilddantes25thlevelAlaska ™

Thanks for the earworm Mike...by 6pm I will be playing Oedipus Rex with my eyeballs

Creature
February 26, 2009, 03:48 PM
Watch it, mister. I was born and raised in Jersey. Exit 5.

Wildalaska
February 26, 2009, 04:11 PM
Me too. Exit 165

WildwearenotmenweareexitsAlaska ™

Mike Irwin
February 26, 2009, 04:26 PM
And I, too, have spent more than my fair share of time on the GSP.

In traffic.

But I had air conditioning.

And I was born in Pennsylvania.

But, at least that far North on the GSP you could get WCBS, probably the best radio station this nation has ever had.

rantingredneck
February 26, 2009, 04:31 PM
Ruger P345 with 2 spare mags by the bed, 870 with 6 rounds of buckshot in the tube and 5 slugs in the sidesaddle in the closet.

And I live in the country, not very urban round here.......:D.

And I like Jim Croce, but I prefer Jim to Leroy........

oldkim
February 26, 2009, 04:40 PM
10 Magazines? An old combat load only was 180 rounds (or 6 magazines). Man, your ready for the zombies aren't you.

I hope you wear your vest and boots too!

I guess if that's what it takes to let you fall asleep at night.

To each their own.

Wildalaska
February 26, 2009, 04:41 PM
But I had air conditioning.

You were born with a silver spoon. No AC in my1969 VW Beetle

But, at least that far North on the GSP you could get WCBS, probably the best radio station this nation has ever had.

Yep, along with WINS, you give us 10 minutes, we'll give you the world.....

WildmeanerthanajunkyarddogIHATEYOUMIKEargggggggggggggAlaska ™

azredhawk44
February 26, 2009, 04:59 PM
Carry pistol and a spare mag.

Used to be an XD9, recently it's been changed to a Colt Commander.

AZRedhawki'matoughguytooImovedtoAZandhadnoACinmycarfor2years44

ATW525
February 26, 2009, 06:40 PM
I just brought home a SxS coach gun in 12 Ga. So my first line of urban home defense is likely going to be two barrels of 00 buck. If that fails, I have my CCW piece.

I can't see much point to having an AR-15 with ten magazines ready to go, but YMMV.

rantingredneck
February 26, 2009, 06:42 PM
Firepower!

Not all of our members live in the US.........;)

And I'm pretty sure his M4A1 is just that (happy switch and all).

ltcdoty
February 26, 2009, 07:23 PM
concertina wire around the bed, several c-rat cans with rocks and a few claymores and I'm good to go.....:)

dabigguns357
February 26, 2009, 07:46 PM
My .40 cal with all 3 mag/clips loaded with 180 gr fed hst's along with my 12g with 5 slugs in the tub and one in the chamber.My wife has a snubbie .357 with 6 rounds in the gun and a extra speed loader and a 410 which is fully loaded with slugs in the tube and 1 in the chamber.Up in the attic i have a small safe with my sig 239 and 2 extra mags and my 686 with 2 exta speed loaders and my .22 with 4 bricks of ammo.

Btw my .40 or my wife's snubbie stays on my hip all the time in or out of the house.

Hirlau
February 26, 2009, 08:08 PM
10 Mags :eek:

My Urban setup at night:

One eye open when I sleep :cool:
One hand on my Barlow pocket knife;)
One hand on my "Snubbie" :eek:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk73/typhoonwinds/Snubbie.gif

troy_mclure
February 26, 2009, 08:16 PM
i live in a cul-desac in the burbs. ive got a beretta cx4 storm hanging on my door, a mossy 500 under the bed, and several strategically placed firearms thru the house.

hogdogs
February 26, 2009, 08:21 PM
My Urban setup at night:

One eye open when I sleep
One hand on my Barlow pocket knife
One hand on my "Snubbie"
Where my hands are when I sleep is something I don't normally mention but since you mentioned yer snubby...
I have a "BIG GUN" but it is Beside my bed and is a 500 Mossberg 20 gauge with 5 in the tube and plenty more shells for it and other firearms in my room should I need to retreat for more...
Brent

Mike Irwin
February 26, 2009, 08:23 PM
"i live in a cul-desac in the burbs. ive got a beretta cx4 storm hanging on my door, a mossy 500 under the bed, and several strategically placed firearms thru the house."

Hi! I'm Troy McClure! You might remember me from playing such paranoid characters as Howard Hughes, Richard Nixon, and Adolph Hitler!"

:D

91slicktop
February 26, 2009, 08:38 PM
I have a S&W M&P15 at my bedside with 6 - 30 round magazines. 2 of the magazines are stacked with hollow points with tracers every 5th round.

rantingredneck
February 26, 2009, 08:41 PM
tracers every 5th round.

Tracers in the house......?:eek:

91slicktop
February 26, 2009, 08:42 PM
I live in the country

rantingredneck
February 26, 2009, 08:43 PM
Me too.....

Stevie-Ray
February 26, 2009, 09:31 PM
Kimber UCDP loaded, spare mag loaded
HKUSP45C loaded, spare mag loaded
Glock 26 loaded, spare mag loaded
Rifles not loaded but 2 mags each 5.56 and 7.62 NATO loaded for rifles.

Not really expecting trouble, but if it appears to be getting closer, I can ratchet up quickly.

isanchez2008
February 26, 2009, 10:12 PM
Plasma rifle by the bed, fusion bombs set up in the hallway :p On the nightstand is a springfield XD40-4" with 10 Hornady XTP 180gr bullets loaded to full power. Spare clip close to it. Handheld flashlight on the nightstand as well as my cellphone to call the calvalry if the situation permits. Everything else is in the safe. Although I will start keeping my Sig 556 in the room at night. Never know when those zombies are lurking around the corner :D

Catfishman
February 26, 2009, 11:01 PM
For a while after Katrina we had to sleep with the doors open because of the extreme heat. My 7 month pregnant wife, our 18 month old son and I all slept in the same room with a box fan on low plugged into an inverter in my truck. I slept with a 9mm and a flashlight beside me. One night I heard a noise and stood up by the bed in complete darkness. A deafening exposion lit up the room for an instant. I knocked the gun and the light under the bed and it took me at least 30 seconds to find them. By the time I found them I was so rattled I doubt I could've hit a barn wall from inside the barn. I sheepishly sat by the door for a long while. I finally realized the boom was either a shot charge on a telephone line or a transformer. Either of them exploding at this point was odd since all the lines were down in the entire region.
:oBarney Fife under pressure.

Woodrowmag
February 26, 2009, 11:07 PM
At night I keep M4A1 with 10 magazines and a Glock21.

Whoa - that sounds like a serious neighborhood you live in.

All I need where I live is 3 pounds of C4 duct taped to the underside of my mattress, rigged to a detonator that I hold in my hand while I sleep.

Needless to say, I'm a very still sleeper.

fivepaknh
February 27, 2009, 01:54 AM
I only have my carry gun accessible at night. I don’t even keep a flashlight nearby. When I wake up my eyes are adjusted to the dark and I can see pretty well. If a bad guy did happen to choose my house, I don’t want to advertise my location with a beam of light.

Reading some of the responses I sometimes wonder is antis join this site, then make outlandish post about packing huge amounts of firepower just to make gun owners look nuts. I’m not sure where PK is, but it sounds like a very scary place.

Firepower!
February 27, 2009, 02:16 AM
I live in Pakistan. That is why I keep 10 Mag and M4A1 in my bedroom. Not that I will need to fight off an assualt, but in case if I want to travel outside city urgently. For that matter it is ready with a license and permit to carry it.

Glock 21 is really what I keep bedside just in case. No extra mags. They are in a hoslter.

fivepaknh
February 27, 2009, 02:20 AM
Given what I seen in the news regarding Pakistan, that sounds reasonable. Cheers.:)

coondogger
February 27, 2009, 07:38 AM
Large dog next to the bed. Pistol in the nightstand drawer. Fighting knife (Randall) next to it. Tomahawk behind the headboard (don't laugh, I'm accurate to five yards with it). I live in a rural area and don't lock my doors, so anything beyond the armament listed above would be not only unnecessary,
but probably flat-out paranoid.

MrClean
February 27, 2009, 08:40 AM
Well..... first off, I have so frikken many kids in and out of here all day and night I don't think anyone would ever target my house. :o Ya just never know when there's gonna be 15 cars in the drive and folks everywhere! Alarm signs in yard and by doorways, and a sign at the garage doorway letting them know that Lizzy is inside. ;) I have another sign (not yet put up) that I was planning on putting by my shop on other end of property that states "If you can read this.... You are in range".

But.... first line is my little doggie. Lizzy... a petite 120lb Rottweiler. She actually has her own backup named Bella (prolly 13 pound MaltiPoo). :D

I have within arms reach at night a lockbox where I rotate various pistols through, although most nights when I undress I put my carry on the nightstand anyway. Inside my closet is an 870 ready as well. In my office on the backside of the house I have a stash where I keep one as well... usually that is my 642.

I don't anticipate a herd of bad guys and believe that initial contact would send them away. My heart goes out to folks that live in countries/areas where the need requires more drastic preperation. Everyone should be able to feel secure and safe in their homes. Godspeed to you guys!

And for those of us NOT in situations like that.... myself included.... be thankful and don't take it for granted.

SilentHitz
February 27, 2009, 08:45 AM
My heart goes out to folks that live in countries/areas where the need requires more drastic preperation. You mean us folks in the "hood"?:p

hoytinak
February 27, 2009, 09:00 AM
Man I'm out in the country in Texas and I've got my M4 loaded with 12 spare mags always ready to go. :D

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3342/dsc00608m.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Sparks2112
February 27, 2009, 09:38 AM
Man I'm out in the country in Texas and I've got my M4 loaded with 12 spare mags always ready to go.

I REALLY want an AR of my own the more I see photos of other people's AR's. My Dad just purchased a LWRC M6A2 that has made me fall in love with the platform again. Short stroke gas piston is the way to go. :cool:

indiandave
February 27, 2009, 09:40 AM
I have the gun I carried in the daytime by my bed.(today myS&W642) Also a Surefire 6P LED, cellphone, and my trusty pocket knife. My 2 Pitbulls sleep with me and they don't like strangers. The state police barracks are about 26 miles from my house so me and the dogs would be on our own in a home invasion.

Superhornet
February 27, 2009, 10:11 AM
Plasma rifle, 40 watt range, four exta neutron packs for reloading.

SMiller
February 27, 2009, 07:50 PM
M&P fullsize night sight .40 with 4 high cap mags with 165 grain HST's and Mossberg SPX loaded up 7+1 with Federal LE reduced recoil tactical load and enough boxes of that to go all night. Should keep everyone out till the cops get there... Both are right besides the bed.

M&P AR would be a nice addition! Might have to work on that.

Regolith
February 27, 2009, 08:05 PM
I keep a 12 ga Rem. 870 next to my bed with one in the chamber, four in the mag and another five on the buttstock. It goes back into the safe when I wake up (the safe is kept unlocked for quick access unless I leave the house). That's about it.

Then again, I don't exactly live in the 'hood. I'm in a small town next to a college campus. The likelihood of someone breaking into my apartment in broad daylight while I'm home is negligible. Partly because of our low crime rate, partly because there is almost always people out and about (usually college students going to/from classes), and partly because this is a small town and damn near everyone is armed.

Hell, last night about 3:00 AM I heard someone trying to get in through the downstairs apartment's window. I pondered calling the cops, but decided to see if I could ID the people trying to break in first. Turns out the downstairs neighbors had locked themselves out accidentally. :rolleyes:

That was the most excitement I've had in this apartment complex since I moved in four years ago.

oldkim
February 27, 2009, 08:06 PM
Firepower,

Okay, if you live in Pakistan.... you need more magazines!

I've always said it's good to have ammo but if they're not loaded in a magazine it's pretty much useless in a gunfight.
:)

FALPhil
February 27, 2009, 08:29 PM
If you live in a high density, heterogeneous situation, you need an escape and evasion plan more than you need firepower.

I was in Buenos Aires on 26 March 1976. I have had the unfortunate occasion to witness the Liberty City Riot and the Rodney King Riot up close. I can assure you, if you start shooting during an urban disturbance, you will bring unwanted attention to yourself. You are much better off keeping a low profile and getting the heck out of there. You want something concealable but big enough that if you are confronted by people wishing you harm, it will put enough fear in them to let you pass.

And you need to realize that it is just not miscreants you need to worry about. The local authorities don't know you or your intentions. They just know if you start slinging lead, you are part of the problem, not part of the solution. The same perception will be shared by anyone in the general vicinity who is not aware of your specific preparations.

In the urban environment, discretion is the better part of valor.

TraderJack
March 1, 2009, 12:26 AM
Colt Commander on the bed table(1 extra mag) Plus Surefire Aviator.
Glock 17 with 17 rnd mag holstered under the garage workbench by a small 'Go Bag'.
Stoeger Coach Gun stashed in the entry closet above the door.
AR in the safe with 30 PMags in a bigger Go Bag.
45-70 in middle bathroom closet.

Multiple shooting areas established, 2 escape routes planed, sort of semi-safe room with 4x6 1/2 steel plate under the bed to be placed against the wall or bed as a last defense.

Damn, I'm sure sorry I sold those claymores!:D

Dave R
March 1, 2009, 01:28 AM
You were born with a silver spoon. No AC in my1969 VW BeetleNone is my '68 bug, either. And I drove it in Houston, during the summer when it was 95 degrees and 95 percent humidity. I was just grateful I owned a car.

I keep a 110lb dog loaded in the house. And a handgun where I can get it quickly.

(And there is a loaded mag next to the AK in the safe.

91slicktop
March 1, 2009, 01:54 AM
lol damn claymores! why'd you sell those!

LoneStarWings
March 1, 2009, 03:18 AM
Plan A:

Get in the Tahoe and drive to the ranch, with plan B in the back.

Plan B:

Springfield M1A Scout, six 25 round mags, Lots of 7.62
S&W M&P .40, four 15 round mags, 1000 rounds Federal HST 180gr
Remington 870 18" Synthetic 7 shot, Lots of 00 buckshot

LMTRocks
March 1, 2009, 03:55 AM
My XD9 svc w/TFO night sights at the headboard, a 6PLED beside it, and my LMT AR w/a 135lu TLR-1 tac light and Aimpoint red dot.

jesus5150
March 1, 2009, 04:13 AM
I keep my USP under my stack of jeans in the top shelf of my closet. Out of reach of snoopy wandering cousins and with 12 Hornady XTP 180gr's in it i figure that'll be sufficient. Thought about putting one in the tube but i just don't see the need.

mav88
March 1, 2009, 04:24 AM
m1 garand near closet with 8 rnd stripper clip placed on top of dresser ready to go, Maverick 88 12 gauge under the sofa near the door, loaded but not chambered, ruger sp 101 ALWAYS on me.

http://i41.tinypic.com/33m7axc.jpg

geologist
March 1, 2009, 08:55 AM
We have 2 German Shepherds who sleep in our bedroom. The bedroom door is a solid wood door with a deadbolt and a Guardian latch to secure it. Cellphones are charged in our bedroom.

I keep a GLOCK17 with an Insight M3 light in a keypad safe in our bedroom closet. Ammo consists of 3 x 10 round (Canadian law) magazines, 15 rounds of OO buck and 5 slugs for the pump below which hangs in our bedroom closet as well.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i155/pbgeologist/S5000001e.jpg

Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

ritepath
March 1, 2009, 09:04 AM
LOL...I have my Sub2k with 2 34 round mags, 2 20 round mags, and 1 10 rnd mag...beside it I have my ruger with 3 more 15 rounders. These are in the top drawer of my chest of drawers. I'm looking to replace the ruger with a 92 and pick up a 870 by mid summer. Then I'll be able to put the sub and ruger in the safe...

45Marlin carbine
March 1, 2009, 09:18 AM
a .32acp on me at all times, a Makarov in spare holster velcroed to bed post, SXS 12 ga Mag leaned in corner by nite-lite and Marlin Camp .45 loaded w/10 rd mag carrying +P 185gr hanging from wall rack.

ElectricHellfire
March 1, 2009, 09:31 AM
I sleep with a M.O.A.B. as a body pillow.

Non-Zombie/Resident evil/Apocalypse night = Glock 21 + one extra mag and a Mossberg 500.

bbqbob51
March 1, 2009, 10:27 AM
Two steps from our bed is a handgun safe with a 4 digit combination programmed. Inside I have my 9mm Stoeger Cougar and my wife has her .38spl model 85 Taurus snubbie, both are loaded with Hornady Hollowpoints. From the bed we can open the safe and have the handguns out and ready to go within 10 seconds.
We also keep a cell phone in the bedroom along with 3 flashlights, from our bedroom door we have a clear view of the top of the stairs.

Beentown71
March 1, 2009, 11:58 PM
Night stand

- XD9 with Remington Sabers 124g +P with loaded extra clip 33 rounds total
- Two Surefires
- Cell phone charging
- SOG Trident Knife
- Can of Skoal

Drop down door "coat rack" (that never has coats just keys)

- Mossberg Persuador #4 buckshot with one in the hole, tube filled and 5 extra on the butt
- Another cheaper but good light
- Two more boxes of buckshot

Would always look to get out but... If I need more than this I need to leave. Screw my AR in the safe.

On a side note I did just pick up a new GSG-5 and thinking about its possibilities.

Beentown

91slicktop
March 2, 2009, 12:07 AM
My "Plan" has changed since the purchase of my newest firearm.

M&P15 is snug in soft case beside the bed, one loaded mag in the mag holder of the soft case.

Mossberg 500 on a shelf above the bed, unloaded - 5 shells in the holder on the stock.

Trinity-Nine
March 2, 2009, 09:52 AM
Glock 23 (Lasermax, no night sight) with a spare mag and flashlight sit on my night table. My 12-gauge is 1 second away. I keep two or three spare mags in certain key spots covering any exit routes I may have to take to GET AWAY if things got hairy. I have an AK-47 as my "final" go-to weapon should I ever find myself in that 1% situation, having exhausted all other firepower.

My wife knows the drill and it involves a two phones, Glock 19 primary, .357 (secondary), and cover.

I also had a security box added to my bedroom so I can monitor ALL breached entry points and movements throughout all zones, assuming I would ever have the luxury of time.

chrisbarcelo
March 3, 2009, 02:43 AM
I've got a .32 gun in my pocket for fun, and a razor in my shoe.- that's a song from Jim Croce lol.

neways, i have 9mm Browning HP at the night table chamber loaded safety on and a spare mag within easy reach. All doors in the house are always locked especially at night.:)

and a dog too.

The Great Mahoo
March 3, 2009, 09:28 AM
I've recently added a large-frame revover to my quick access safe to suplement my carry weapon. I am planning on adding some night-sights to it soon. I decided I wanted a larger gun with a longer sight radious, something which might control a bit better.

Plus, I can feel like Dirty Harry pointing a big-ass revolver at someone. :cool: j/k

I've got a .32 gun in my pocket for fun, and a razor in my shoe.- that's a song from Jim Croce lol. Cause he's bad, bad, Leroy Brown! The baddest man in the whole damned town! Badder than old King Kong, meaner than a junkyard dog!

glockrocker82
March 3, 2009, 09:41 AM
Glock 22 fully equipted (lasermax, night sights, surefire x300), 8 High-Cap. Mags all filled with hydrashocks and HST. And a colt 6920 for anybody that tries to run. :D

Chuckusaret
March 3, 2009, 09:51 AM
At night I have my SA XD40 sub compact w/round in chamber in the night stand and a Mossberg 500 12 ga 20" barrel w/round in chamber under my side of bed. No need to alert the BG to your position/location by jacking a round into the chamber.

Brit
March 4, 2009, 08:15 AM
Glock 19, full 16 rounds of 127g WWW Ranger. Spare G17 magazine also full of 127g Ranger.

TruGlow fiber optic sights, real good night sights built in to those.

2 flash lights. When you break in (noisy!) and have negotiated the two landings on the turn back on them selves stairs. I will be responding.

Tamara
March 4, 2009, 08:30 AM
For some reason I can't remember, the 2" Model 64 got replaced as the bedside gun by my PC-13. I keep meaning to replace the Georgia Arms Deerstoppers (the old 1400fps kind) in it with .38 Spl 158gr LSWC-HP, because those Deerstoppers are going to be like a flash-bang grenade out of a 3" barrel in a small room.

chemgirlie
March 4, 2009, 10:37 AM
If 21 rounds of .45 ACP hollow points can't fix the problem, then I'm pretty much screwed.

Double J
March 4, 2009, 11:21 AM
I had to live in a town once for a few months. I slept with a 20ga. H&R loaded with 3" #3 Buckshot. My plan was to live long enough to get away from town. It worked!

KSFreeman
March 4, 2009, 11:36 AM
Already executed my plan: buy decent house in quiet neighborhood in quiet, boring city.:D

Tamara
March 4, 2009, 11:52 AM
My biggest danger is Seth & Jared getting lost on the way home from the bar.

"Whoah, dude! I don't think this your crib, man! There's some p.o.'ed chick with a gun in here. It looks like she's calling the cops, man; I think we should, like, split."

wpcexpert
March 4, 2009, 09:19 PM
How long can you draw out a gun fight?

Depends on where the BG is. From my bedroom, quite a while. From outside the living room...quite a while longer.

The bedroom usually has the wifes Taurus 24/7 .40, my Walther PPS .40, a Ruger SBH .44, Ruger P89, a couple shotguns in the closet, and they wifes and my DMS's with 4 mags. I don't keep all those pistols in the bedroom for that reason, just no safe to store them in.

Chuckusaret
March 4, 2009, 09:30 PM
Already executed my plan: buy decent house in quiet neighborhood in quiet, boring city.
I have been looking for many years for that place, just can't seem to find it. So I have armed myself sufficiently to ward off Obamanations "Strong Civilian Force" or anyone else that comes on my property without permission.

tenholewheels
March 4, 2009, 09:52 PM
living in south MS. with no water no power no nothing
for 17 days with myself my wife,my 16 yr old son and my 4 month old
daughter.
my wife was working at a nursing home so she was working
but my work was shut down.
me and the son used to keep watch in shifts 6 on 6 off.
you couldn't sleep anyway it was like 100 degrees at be night.
i carried my mosberg mariner 590 and smith-wesson pc 1911
my son carried my kel-tec sub2000 and my rossi .44spl.

nothing happened but we sure worked out a system
that can still be applied at a moments notice.

xtremehunter83
March 4, 2009, 11:01 PM
man my light saber really feels insufficient now.......:)

Stevie-Ray
March 5, 2009, 11:34 PM
man my light saber really feels insufficient now.......It is. Nothing more comforting than a good blaster at your side.;)

xtremehunter83
March 5, 2009, 11:38 PM
maybe i should buy another one :):):)

kgpcr
March 5, 2009, 11:46 PM
I have my good old M60 and 3 250rnd belts and a few claymores. I also have a few WP grenades so i feel pretty secure. Oh yeah i almost forgot the toe poppers.

scorpion_tyr
March 6, 2009, 11:15 AM
Remington 870 12 gauge in the corner. Loaded with #1 BK.

Re4mer
March 8, 2009, 11:59 PM
I do agree that extra mags are a good thing. Although you if you need up to 10 it might be better to invest in a guided missile system. :)

OhioAAA
March 9, 2009, 01:04 AM
ADT sensors in all area -- flood light all around the house.

My special belt in my bedroom closet holstered --
1. Glock 19C with 1 loaded mag (1 warning non-lethal round + 9 124g JHP)
2. TASER M18 Advanced
3. Inova Tactical Flashlight 200
4. 4 Rubber Cuff
5. Cell Phone Holster
6. Back up Mag. punch (2 - 10 rounds mag, 124g +P JHP)

Tamara
March 9, 2009, 08:31 AM
1 warning non-lethal round

There's a good way to go to jail...

buzz_knox
March 9, 2009, 08:49 AM
Already executed my plan: buy decent house in quiet neighborhood in quiet, boring city.

Been there, done that. Everything was fine until one of the neighbor kids (with a deputy father and detective mother) hooked up with a crew (consisting of individuals his mother busted) and went on a robbery spree.

That's when Plan B became Plan A.

David Armstrong
March 9, 2009, 12:29 PM
1 warning non-lethal round
Why? You can't warn them some other way and not waste a round?
4 Rubber Cuff
Also why? Do you see some advantage to keeping 4 bad guys around for later?

KSFreeman
March 9, 2009, 12:41 PM
Been there, done that. Everything was fine until one of the neighbor kids (with a deputy father and detective mother) hooked up with a crew (consisting of individuals his mother busted) and went on a robbery spree.

Holy cow! I know what you do for a living so I presume you mean Robbery and not Burglary (Home Invasion or robbing folks in the driveways?). Hope all is well down there.

Well, just goes to show, not safe anywhere. That's why I have a Plan B.:D

Sparks2112
March 9, 2009, 12:43 PM
4 Rubber Cuff

Also why? Do you see some advantage to keeping 4 bad guys around for later?

Because on TV it looks so easy to cuff someone that they want to try it themselves?

Forget the fact it sometimes takes 2, 3, and 4 officers to cuff someone that REALLY doesn't want to be cuffed.

buzz_knox
March 9, 2009, 01:37 PM
Holy cow! I know what you do for a living so I presume you mean Robbery and not Burglary (Home Invasion or robbing folks in the driveways?). Hope all is well down there.

It started with an entry into a home through an unlocked door (not encountering the home owner, fortunately), escalated with 32 vehicles hit in one night, and topped off with an attempted break in when the home owner was present. Everything's been quiet for a bit, as the suspect in the break in matched the deputy's son perfectly. I guess that after telling 911 to cancel the call as it was no big deal, the deputy had a chat with his son (who also "happened" to have "discovered" some of the property "discarded" nearby). :rolleyes:

Things are only going to get worse, as there was also an unrelated incident with a guy getting into the backyard where some kids were playing and approaching them.

Fortunately, we've adopted a furry son who happens to be the perfect alarm system. A gnat breaking wind at 100 meters will wake him from a deep sleep. If the gnat moves onto his property (i.e. anything within range), he alerts. If the pooch had opposable thumbs and access to firearms, half the neighbors would be dead already.

flight954
March 9, 2009, 03:10 PM
All my firearms are in my safe. I would just use my Ninja skillz;)

armsmaster270
March 9, 2009, 05:38 PM
Sig 226 .357Sig on nightstand my side, wife has the 1911 S&W 340PD in drawer 12GA behind door w 00 & #1 Buck and spares on stock. That will have to do until I fight my way to the Safe and the 8,000 rds of ammo in the garage
This is only the handguns also there is a SKS a Mini-14, Ren 740 30-06, Browning A-Bolt 7mmWSM, Weatherby 12GA SAS, and a few others
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff207/armsmaster270/writings/handguns.jpg

VA9mm
March 9, 2009, 05:53 PM
One pittbull, GP100 with 125gr hydrashocks, and 870 with 4 rds of 00buck.

Mello2u
March 9, 2009, 10:43 PM
If you mean by urban defense the armed resistance to multiple bad guys in waves, my plan would be to retreat. That scenario is a losing proposition. I made a wise choice to get out of New Orleans about 25 years ago.

Urban defense is sort of like solo house clearing, many layouts you have to expose yourself to an uncleared area. Sometimes you just can't do it right.