PDA

View Full Version : which ml to buy

albrosm
February 6, 2009, 09:19 PM
Going to buy a new ml and wanted to know which one to get thought about a t/c triumph or a knight rolling block or even a cva optimp electra.

Voyageur
February 6, 2009, 09:42 PM
A traditional muzzle loader is not only really satisfying to use (like our forefathers used) but can be an heirloom of great value.

Sure it hurts the pocketbook now... but you won't remember the money it cost 5 or 10 years from now. Even if you only get a kit from Track of the Wolf and put it together... when you're sitting around the campfire with your buddies, you'll have something different than an off-the-shelf, inline, lead ball shooter.

.50 or .54 caliber caplock to start with and then sit back and enjoy the ride. Perhaps one day, you'll have a real flintlock and the stories told by your children, grand-children and great-great-grandchildren will loose nothing in the re-telling.

msille
February 8, 2009, 09:28 AM
I'd go for the CVA. I have 3 of them....

mykeal
February 8, 2009, 11:47 AM
Going to buy a new ml and wanted to know which one to get thought about a t/c triumph or a knight rolling block or even a cva optimp electra.
Like buying a vehicle (sports car, sedan, pickup truck, minivan...???), it kind of depends on what you are going to do with it.

arcticap
February 9, 2009, 01:02 AM
The Triumph is a great long range shooter and it has the easy to remove breech plug.

rem870hunter
February 9, 2009, 02:09 AM
is it for hunting or range blasting/paper punching? not trying to bash the electra but i'm not crazy about an electronic ignition m/l. it takes the capping or powder primer out of. which is part of muzzleloading to me.

FrontierGander
February 14, 2009, 06:59 PM
D: None of the above.

www.cabelas.com and look for the CVA Accura, Cabelas has it for $269