PDA

View Full Version : January 2009 Photo Contest Voting Poll

Bud Helms
February 2, 2009, 07:37 PM
Vote for your favorite pic from the Jan 2009 Photo Contest thread (http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328902).

Al Norris
February 2, 2009, 11:57 PM
Politically incorrect as all get out, but benny27 did it for me.

the swede
February 3, 2009, 02:41 PM
I voted for benny27 as well. Love it.

Don P
February 3, 2009, 04:02 PM
Gotta luv the bourbon & stogie. For the bourbon luvers I will recommend Labot & Graham's, Woodford Reserve distiller's select. A very fine Kentucky Straight Bourbon sippin whiskey in just my very humble opinion. If its got a cork its got to be good

12GaugeShuggoth
February 4, 2009, 09:50 AM
My vote is for Smokin_Gun (#47), no contest.

Officer's Match
February 6, 2009, 11:09 AM
I liked Idaho's #23.

Bud Helms
February 6, 2009, 01:15 PM
This is the largest field of entries we've had so far.

PDBreske
February 6, 2009, 06:24 PM
It is a lot of entries, but what I don't understand is why there are so many with zero votes. I mean, why wouldn't everyone at least vote for their own entry? In fact, at the time of this writing there are fewer total votes than there are entries. That means that it's likely a lot of contestants didn't vote for any entry. What's up with that?

If you think your photo is good enough for a contest you should at least try to give it a fighting chance.

Freakdaddy
February 7, 2009, 01:31 AM
I believe many people don't feel "right" voting for themselves. I know I've never voted for myself nor will I. I'll admit though, I like getting votes...hint ;).

If that was too subtle, just let me know and I can retype in caps :D.

It is kind of odd though that usually we don't have more votes as you would think everyone that submitted a picture would at least vote for someone. I get just as much enjoyment seeing what members come up with next as this thing has really grown. It's become quite competitive with great photos of some beautiful guns in really cool settings and I find myself eagerly anticipating next month's batch.

Doogle
February 7, 2009, 06:44 AM
...based on all the factors, aesthestic and technical, that go toward the overall impact and keeping in mind a stated aim of the contest that, "The subject of the photo must be the centerpiece of the image and be prominent in the photo."

From this lot I chose Freakdaddy's damascened Browning Buckmark. A well-posed interesting subject with good colours.

I enjoy seeing the variety of shots that appear each month.

Freakdaddy
February 7, 2009, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the vote and kind words Doogle!

grymster2007
February 8, 2009, 12:54 PM
I chose #8 CPTMurdoc30's B&W rendition of the Enfield was very nicely done.

BrunoNorway
February 9, 2009, 05:41 AM
I voted for the Maximus entery.

Al Norris
February 9, 2009, 10:40 PM
Looks like we have a tie between IdahoG36(post #23) and benny27(post #51)!

Get ready for another tie-breaker!!