PDA

View Full Version : -1 Beware Tote'n a roscoe

strait__shooter
January 30, 2009, 03:42 PM
:mad:this 19 year old kid jerks my chain around over 2 weeks ago telling me he wants to buy my PT145, only to tell me 3 days later that he is 19. Then this week he tells me his GF is going to do the transfer and he can legally carry in his state and tells me Sunday that he put a money order in the mail on Monday of this week. Then assures me that the money order is in the mail, well come all the way to the end of the week and no money order and he did not reply to my pm, he can't say that he has not been on because his log time shows him on this thing all the time over the last couple of days.

Beware, do not deal with this punk!

sserdlihc
January 30, 2009, 03:48 PM
Good to know. Sorry for your hassle.

goodspeed(TPF)
January 30, 2009, 03:52 PM
Bummer doode. :confused:

Shadi Khalil
February 1, 2009, 06:40 PM
Sounds like a straw purchase to me...And which state allows 19 yr olds to carry? You should really stear clear of this illeagal transaction.

DonR101395
February 1, 2009, 06:46 PM
And which state allows 19 yr olds to carry?

Indiana, but you are correct it sounded like he was trying to set up a straw purchase.

noyes
February 1, 2009, 06:55 PM

decided to stay out of it

MrNiceGuy
February 1, 2009, 06:58 PM
this 19 year old kid jerks my chain around over 2 weeks ago telling me he wants to buy my PT145, only to tell me 3 days later that he is 19. Then this week he tells me his GF is going to do the transfer and he can legally carry in his state and tells me Sunday that he put a money order in the mail on Monday of this week. Then assures me that the money order is in the mail, well come all the way to the end of the week and no money order and he did not reply to my pm, he can't say that he has not been on because his log time shows him on this thing all the time over the last couple of days.

Beware, do not deal with this punk!

so after all of that... you're only angry because he didn't follow through?

be thankful... i have a feeling you were about to commit a felony

paul26
February 1, 2009, 08:30 PM
he tried to buy a revolver from me with a check
i said no thanks

strait__shooter
February 1, 2009, 10:25 PM
well leagally the straw sale wouldn't have been on my part, would have been on his gf's part and him. my sale was to his gf, what happens after that is legally no longer my concern. good friend of mine is a lawyer and i always consult with him on stuff like this! now not sure bout the laws in every state but some states do allow people under 21 to posses the handgun, he could posses it and not make the actual purchase until he was 21 and would be legal.

tote'n a roscoe
February 1, 2009, 10:50 PM
yea go **** yourself and as for the money order that you must have kept of ours im still waiting on that to be sent back. so watch what your posting about me .

tote'n a roscoe
February 1, 2009, 10:51 PM
o and i didnt tell you outta no where that i was 19. you asked and i openly admitted

tote'n a roscoe
February 1, 2009, 10:53 PM
i also sent you plenty of pm's explaining every thing that you would need to know about the transfer helping you out the whole way, and this is what i get. real nice pal

tote'n a roscoe
February 1, 2009, 10:56 PM
and check you ****ing pm's more often, because i sent you one today explaning how my lawyer needs to get a hold of you regarding the money order that hasnt been returned. and as for every one else reading this, i didnt pm this guy these posts to explain the true story and clear my name

johnwilliamson062
February 2, 2009, 02:49 PM
If you sell to his GF knowing, not suspecting, but knowing, she is performing a straw buy I think you are in hot water.

Pretty unethical even if it is legal. No sorrow felt for you guys from me.

M1911
February 2, 2009, 02:51 PM
Sounds like a straw purchase to me
Sounds to me like a straw purchase as well. If I were you, I would not go through with this, regardless of what your lawyer told you.

Shadi Khalil
February 2, 2009, 03:43 PM
The whole problem I have with this is it makes all of us look bad. Sure it might be tech. legal but is it really worth even openly discussing it? The way some others will see it is a kid trying to get a gun and us helping him out...I dont understand what a lawyer could do for you in this situation if you really sent the M.O, which I highly doubt you did. If you really sent a M.O (which you didnt) you would contact the police and the post office. Sure.

Wildalaska
February 2, 2009, 03:55 PM
This whole thread needs to go:barf:

WildablackeyeAlaska ™

JWT
February 2, 2009, 03:58 PM
Agree 100% with Wildalaska - enough is enough. Lock it up!!!

MrNiceGuy
February 2, 2009, 04:34 PM
This whole thread needs to go

i agree.... only if it's preceded by tote'n a roscoe's banishment

Mal H
February 2, 2009, 04:54 PM
Case closed ...