PDA

View Full Version : Fraud by Rick Frascello

bytehoven
January 29, 2009, 02:41 PM
Rick Frascello

The seller sold me a AR10 with (9) 20 round mags. Only (1) mag was a proper Armalite upgrade. (8) mags had M14 followers and the feed lips were not trimmed. (5) of the mags had AR15 springs.

The seller refused to negotiate a reasonable refund or take back the mags at his advertised value of $75/20 round mag.

He apparently sold another AR10 in a GunBroker auction with mags in the same condition.

Watch out for this guys. He is not to be trusted.

GoldenRoyBoy
January 29, 2009, 05:16 PM
It really is a "Buyer Beware" world out here. I've bought; and years ago sold a lot of stuff. Of late, all I've been doing is mainly buying. Out of my last 5 deals, 3 were downright doggy. I wish you better luck in the future.

I guess we all need to "only: do business with those who have a good track record. And, have been around a while.

Take care out there,
GRB

bytehoven
January 29, 2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks for your comments GRB...

I suppose I should count my blessing that the rifle was real and it's wasn't hoover vacuum cleaner parts in the box. :)

RJ

GoldenRoyBoy
January 29, 2009, 07:24 PM
You may wish to include a link to the advertised items you purchased from this "gentleman". The contact info may help others avoid him.

GRB

bytehoven
January 29, 2009, 09:16 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=118555283

We completed the auction off gunbroker which leaves me without the ability to leave feedback on the auction site.

I offered as a compromise, a $200 refund to offset the fact that the AR10 20 round mags which he said might fetch $75, realistically might get $25 if I was lucky.

His argument was the mags functioned in the rifle, which is strange because in an email he said he never fired the AR10.

I should have inquired specifically about the mags to make sure if they were Aramlite mags, M14 upgrades. If they were the latter, how were they upgraded.

My bad.

He sold another AR10 thru a completed auction linked below and I assume that buyer received similarly inadequate mags.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=118552499

I have tried to contact that buyer, but gunbroker doesn't allow contacting the auction winner.

cheers

RJ

hillbille
January 31, 2009, 07:22 PM
contact gun broker staff let them know he is by passing auctions, it is not a refund but they may lock him out.