PDA

View Full Version : anyone delt with "The Sports Outdoor Store"

diablo508
January 27, 2009, 09:57 AM
anyone delt with "The Sports Outdoor Store" it's outta Greenbay Wisconsin...ordered some AK items last Friday and still have not heard from them......of course my CC has been charged.....am I just being impatient?

luvsasmith
January 27, 2009, 10:58 AM
I think you are being impatient but call them if it makes you feel better.

diablo508
January 27, 2009, 11:07 AM
that's what I was thinking as well but..I expected and email stateing that my order was being processed...I'll wait a while longer..just want to get these parts :D

1Lucky
February 3, 2009, 05:32 PM
I placed an order 1/23/09 for a product that was supposedly in stock. It is 2/3/09 and I have not received the product, notified of any delay, or contacted in any way. When I check the status on their website, all it says is "pending shipment". I wish that I had ordered elsewhere. Next time I will and suggest others do the same.

runifucan
February 6, 2009, 05:54 PM
I registered here when I saw your post.
I placed an order for 2 items with that site on 12/19/08 and was charged on 12/22/08. After a few weeks (1/9/09) with only the order confirmation and the "shipment pending" I left negative feedback on the site and got a call a few days later. I was told they have item A but item B will be in on 1/29/09. We both agreed to have the order cancelled in full for a refund (never happened). On 1/29/09 I gave them a call back hoping that I could get the items shipped or get the refund I was offered. This time I was told that item A was not in stock and no longer available from the wholesaler but item B was now available and could be shipped right then....:rolleyes: I gave them another call on 2/4/09 and was told that UPS sometimes doesn't give them a tracking # and that the issue would be looked into and I'd get a call back asap. On 2/5/09 I was told that item B was sent to the wrong address by UPS and that the items I ordered were not going to be available in the foreseeable future and that a refund would be issued. I'm still waiting on a refund. The contact Info can be found on the BBB site, the phone # listed is correct. The BBB does not show them as an accredited business, this may be just out of date. I hope your order turns out better than mine.

diablo508
February 9, 2009, 06:42 AM
...these stories are not promising!!!!

I hope my story ends better! I have received one item of a two item order earlier last week...and according to UPS a second order I placed has shipped...so now all I'm waiting on is the other half of my first order...the prices are OUTSTANDING on the site, but as the stories are going I will have to wait what happens to me and see if I do anymore business....one problem I am seeing on there site compared to others is that they do not tell you if it is in stock, at time of order

runifucan
February 20, 2009, 07:39 PM
I recieved a full refund for the items on 2/10. It wasn't any fun to wait that long to get no items and finally get my money back but in all the times I talked with CS they were friendly. The site now says they don't charge for items untill they ship.

diablo508
February 24, 2009, 08:57 AM
just had to close the loop on this one...got everything I ordered and saved a lot of cash in the process!...would recommmend it!! I give it a A-/B+

http://thesportsoutdoorstore.com

acrimony
June 3, 2009, 09:57 PM
I ordered on 4/20 and haven't seen anything and my card has been charged since day one. Actually I got an email that said "your order is coming". Looked like a child wrote it. I have called customer service like 5000 times and not one time has anyone answered. Do not shop here this place is a scam.