January 15, 2009, 07:11 PM
I'm not very good with laws & stuff like that so could someone explain to me in lamen terms how I go about getting a concealed carry license in Kansas? This would be greatly appreciated. I just want to know the in's & outs, legalities etc. Thanks,
January 19, 2009, 06:28 PM
For the long answer, go straight to our Attorney General's website, i.e. www.ksag.org There you will find the whole section on Concealed Carry, who is eligible, how much it costs, what it takes, etc.
1. Good record, over 21, have your own gun (or rent one for class)
2. 8 hour class, incl shooting 18 out of 25. Expect to pay about $100 for this. One long Saturday, or two 4 hour evenings, usually.
3. Class certificate, along with $150 in two money orders to County Sherriff office for fingerprinting. (part of $ goes to Sherriff, part is forwarded to AG)
4. Approx 55 day wait.
5. Get approval from AG in mail, go to driver's license station to get license (cost about another $18)
6. We call it CCH because it means concealed carry Handgun. No other weapons (knives, throwing stars, etc) allowed under license.
(Hey, at least we finally have it now!)
Anyway, welcome to Kansas!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.