PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bore 180's safe in Beretta Stampede?

bmw2
December 31, 2008, 01:51 AM
Are fullhouse loads safe in a Beretta Stampede marshal? I just got a 3.5 inch model and although I haven't actually weighed them but it seems heavier than my blackhawk. I like the buffalo bore rounds when I use my blackhawk as my trail gun and would like to pack my new Beretta once in a while. Everything I read on SAA clones says not to load them particularly stout in .45, is the same true for .357? Thanks

mykeal
December 31, 2008, 09:32 AM
What does Beretta say?

CraigC
December 31, 2008, 09:56 AM
Any factory built revolver is safe for standard pressure factory loads in the cartridge for which it is chambered. You'd be hard-pressed to hurt a Colt SAA or replica in .357Mag. The cylinders are significantly larger in diameter than the Ruger GP-100. So yes, it is safe for virtually anything you want to stuff in it.

sundance44s
December 31, 2008, 10:39 AM
Buffalo Bore bullets have a warning in the Cableas book ...only use in T/C , Rugers and Freedom Arms Pistols .....

CraigC
December 31, 2008, 12:07 PM
From Buffalo Bore's website:

"Our 357 mag. ammo adds more power than ever before to the 357 mag. This ammo is safe to shoot in ANY all steel 357 revolver—this includes J frames. This ammo is no harder on your gun than any other normal 357 ammo. Please don’t phone us and ask if this ammo is safe in your gun. It is, providing your gun is in safe condition for use with any normal 357 ammo.

We don’t recommend this ammo to be fired in super light alloy revolvers as bullets may jump crimp under recoil, but the ammo itself wont hurt these super light weight revolvers. These revolvers are simply so light that the recoil is severe enough to cause crimp jump."

Wleoff
December 31, 2008, 06:58 PM
I shoot BB in .357, 44 Mag and 45 Colt in Redhawks, Vaqueros and Blackhawks, but not in my New Model Vaquero. I've got a Stampede and it looks like a SAA replica. Just me, I wouldn't shoot BB in any SAA or replica. i don't shoot BB in any of the replica/Uberti Winchester 66' and 73' rifles either. Friend of my shoots deer with BB .357 but in a Blackhawk.

CraigC
December 31, 2008, 07:25 PM
"Ruger-only" loads are really the only no-no for a postwar Colt SAA .45 or replica. Period. The .44Spl's are strong enough for the 1200fps Keith load and .357's are strong enough for just about anything you want to stuff in them. The .45's are strong enough for 260's@1000-1100fps or about 20-22,000psi. No reason to baby these guns, they are not as fragile as some would have you believe.

bmw2
December 31, 2008, 10:14 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if the warning in the Cabela's catalog is from Cabela's or BB? I read the statement on BB's website and I wouldn't expect a kaboom or anything but I'm more worried about excessive wear. As far as Beretta goes, I didn't notice anything in the owners manual about ammo choices but I'll check again.

I'll probably just run a couple of cylinders through it to see how it shoots and reserve it for trail duty only. Thanks guys.