PDA

View Full Version : Benelli Super Nova Loading Question

USAFChiefret
December 7, 2008, 10:16 PM
I just purchased a Benelli 12 GA with 18.5' Barrel. The box says:

FPO S NOVA 3.5" GHS SLUG 18.5" C
IL G IMP/SINT-PG MAG-STOP USB

Everything I have read says it should be a 4+1. I tried loading and it stops at 2 shells. When I try to put in the 3rd shell it stops about half way in.

I am new to shot guns so I may be doing something wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Bob

cslinger
December 7, 2008, 10:24 PM
The mag tube comes stock with a plug installed to allow for hunting regulations. You must dis-assemble the magazine tube and remove the plug. Once you have done this the Nova will hold 4+1.

Chris

USAFChiefret
December 7, 2008, 10:27 PM
Thanks Chris! I'll do that.

Bob

Paochow
December 8, 2008, 10:17 PM
Make sure you are careful when you remove the snap ring, that spring has a lot of tension.

My friend lost his 870 mag spring in an open field by forgetting to cover it when he removed the mag extension.

wpcexpert
December 8, 2008, 10:34 PM
Yeah, and don't do it with shells in the mag either:rolleyes:...super extra built-up pressure. Man I was lucky I wasn't in the line of fire. That retainer clip can be a pain to get out.

Falcon5NZ
December 8, 2008, 10:40 PM
If they are the design I think they are e.g. circle with section cut out off it and a small hole bout 2mm diameter at each end, circlip pliers (the ones with the ends bent 90 deg from handles) are perfect. But watch the tension on the spring. First time I did it it very nearly hurt.