PDA

View Full Version : Remington 870 Question

Rugerforlife
December 7, 2008, 05:33 PM
Does removing the trigger assembly from a Remington 870 cause damage to any parts of the shotgun?

I have taken apart one of my 870's to better understand how the firearm works. I have noticed that the trigger assembly is slightly looser then when I initially purchased the firearm, being that it moves side to side very slightly. Do you think this could create a problem? It is shooting fine right now.

Scattergun Bob
December 7, 2008, 08:45 PM
There is very little you can do to "loosen" the trigger group on an 870. The thing to check for is that you did not loose the trigger plate pin detente spring that hold in the trigger group trigger plate pins. There is a front and back one and if missing the trigger pins can move around and cause problems. They are relatively cheap and it is one of the parts that I recommend to everyone who takes apart 870's have a couple of.

Hope this helps.

zippy13
December 9, 2008, 10:18 AM
Rugerforlife,
Now that your on board, you'll realize that ScattergunBob is a 870 virtuoso. If he tells you where to mount a propeller to make one fly, it's because he's been there and done that.

Cerick
December 9, 2008, 10:30 AM
rugerforlife, I did almost the same thing. I took the pins out to install a side saddle on my 870. I took the side saddle off now for hunting season and have noticed that the trigger group does seem looser. It still functions flawlessly though.