View Full Version : Benelli Crio Choke?

December 7, 2008, 04:14 PM
I have a SBEII and I want an extra choke and found the Benelli Crio chokes and was wondering if thats what I need for my gun. The way I see it I can shoot the Crios in my SBEII but I don`t have too so what is the purpose? Thanks

December 7, 2008, 09:50 PM
I believe the SBEll takes the Crio+ chokes.

December 7, 2008, 10:47 PM
Will only the Crios work in my gun? That is the question.

December 8, 2008, 09:39 AM
Yes, that's what it was designed to take. (and threaded accordingly)

December 8, 2008, 12:48 PM
The Benelli Crio Plus and the Beretta Optima Plus chokes are the same choke.

Some of the earlier guns had the "Crio Sport" chokes in them ( threads toward the top of the choke ) - so make sure you look at your current chokes, in terms of where the threads are on the body of the choke to make sure you are ordering the correct one. I ran into this problem on the Benelli Super Sport as well - guns made in 2006? had the Crio Sport / the newer ones had crio plus. Benelli literature sometimes refers to them all as Crio chokes - so you have to be careful.

December 8, 2008, 10:12 PM
I just checked my SBEII and my factory chokes say CrioChoke and two Briley ported chokes I got for the skeet range say Crio Plus. As far as I know there is no difference in the two. My gun doesn't think so anyway. Both have the threads at the top. There is however a huge difference in the chokes used before the Crio or Crio Plus. I use to have a Nova and the chokes it used were much shorter. I would not recommend the ported chokes. Not enough recoil reduction to justify the price difference.

December 9, 2008, 12:43 PM
If the threads are near the top - its probably the Crio Sport choke - but look at the Briley website - it has photos of both and dimensions on it.

December 9, 2008, 06:59 PM
BigJimP, you are exactly right. The threads on my chokes are not all the way at the top, they are near the top, the Crio and CrioPlus. I knew they were Crio's and CrioPlus cause that's what they've got etched on them. You'd think I could remember what they looked like on the return trip from the safe to the puter, but alas my memory ain't what it use to be.

December 10, 2008, 12:23 PM
Trust me, it will only get worse unfortunately.

I went to the gun club the other day and forgot my shells ... ( 35 miles away from home ...). I grabbed my gun case (told myself I'd be back for the shells as I walked by them) - even layed a tub of reloads out on my bench to take / went back to my shop, made sure the safe was locked, walked right past the tub of shells, went upstairs, made coffee and left .....

December 10, 2008, 07:13 PM
I too have left home without shells. I went bowhunting one time without arrows..... One thing I always remember. Don't shoot another 10ga. :D:D