PDA

View Full Version : Need a good gun belt...

TacticalDefense1911
November 30, 2008, 04:18 PM
I've put off getting a good gun belt and since I carry a full size 1911 I figured its time I spend the money because I need a good belt to support all that weight. I'd like something leather, double layered, and something preferably under $100. Thanks in advance.

CortJestir
November 30, 2008, 04:28 PM
Gun Belts by The Belt Man (http://www.thebeltman.net/). Couldn't be happier!

alienbogey
December 1, 2008, 12:53 AM
Just received one from CrossBreed. Outstanding quality, $65 or so, don't recall exactly how much.

hoytinak
December 1, 2008, 01:00 AM
Gun Belts by The Belt Man. Couldn't be happier!

Couldn't agree more. Great customer service too. When you get a belt from them it has intructions telling you to put blue loktite on the screws....well I forgot about it and didn't put any on and about a year later I lost a screw, called them up and they sent me a complete hardward set for my belt.

#20fan
December 1, 2008, 03:02 AM
looks like some nice work.........

http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com/index.html

WESHOOT2
December 1, 2008, 11:11 AM
I am extremely happy (for over ten years) with my Hellweg, and I also bought an inexpensive Hume (from the great-service guys at Gunners Alley) that, while losing much of its color, still secures my holsters and pouches.
I also have a Bianchi 1.75" (for 15 yrs) that hasn't lost any color, and it holds my (few) 1.75" holsters perfectly.

Sparks, Alessi, Del Fatti, Rosen, Galco, others.....under $100 will get you a nice belt.

redrick
December 1, 2008, 12:26 PM
Rafter S black shark around 85.00 but there is about a 10 week wait. If you go with that add about 2 inches to how they tell you to measure.

VonFireball
December 1, 2008, 02:34 PM
I recently got a Mernickle ranger belt in 1 3/4 inch width.

Took precisely three weeks for delivery.

Cost around $120.

The non ranger style belts can be had for under $100.

The belt is really quality. Thick, with a good solid buckle. Makes toting a heavy gun a breeze. I would buy from Mernickle again. They are friendly people there.

And oh yeah, 1 3/4 inch width just makes it through the belt loops on a pair of levi's, in case you are wondering about that.

BobCat45
December 1, 2008, 04:16 PM
Very happy with the beltman.net

ZeSpectre
December 1, 2008, 04:34 PM
Another satisfied Beltman customer. I'm hoping to get a second one this Christmas :D

rantingredneck
December 1, 2008, 04:48 PM
I been wearing a double layer horsehide beltman for awhile now. Great quality. Well worth the $90.00 I paid for it.

I actually got to meet him in person at the Raleigh NC gun show and buy direct from him. Great guy to deal with.

Kreyzhorse
December 4, 2008, 06:30 PM
Gun Belts by The Belt Man. Couldn't be happier!

Couldn't agree more. Great customer service too. When you get a belt from them it has intructions telling you to put blue loktite on the screws....well I forgot about it and didn't put any on and about a year later I lost a screw, called them up and they sent me a complete hardward set for my belt.

The Belt Man is EXCELLENT! I bought a horsehide and it is just an outstanding belt.

BruceGibson
December 8, 2008, 09:00 PM
The Beltman. You can't go wrong.

River Rat 1969
December 9, 2008, 04:36 PM
I have been wearing a horse hide belt, made by Galco, for many years, and really like it.