PDA

View Full Version : FN Self Loading Police (SLP) / X2 question

jeffrice6
November 24, 2008, 04:26 PM
I have a FN SLP on the way and I have a few questions.

I believe this shotgun comes with 2 chokes - Mod. & IC, is one more suited for slugs and the other buck (& if so which is which)? & is there any other chokes I should look into for this intended purpose?

From my research it seems that the light piston is basically for all 2 3/4 shells, while the heavy piston is for the 3". Is this correct?

Not that I plan on doing it, but what damage (if any) would result from firing hot 3" shells while using the light piston?

Since this will be a HD weapon, can anyone who operates the SLP or X2 recomend a reliable brand/shell that cycles & patterns well in this platform?

hogdogs
November 24, 2008, 04:36 PM
According to Mossberg... The IC usually (Key word usually) has the best results. I guess it has the ideal restriction to set up stable flight.
Brent

TINCUP AL
November 24, 2008, 04:57 PM
I have a SX2 and I use Remington nitro 27's in it. It cycles fine, and I have shells in a side saddle and on the stock.

jeffrice6
November 24, 2008, 05:14 PM
Hogdogs
Is that for slugs or shot?
Thanks

hogdogs
November 24, 2008, 05:25 PM
OOPs... Yes that is generally best for slugs. For shot you will find a variety is best to own for different shot sizes and range. Generally for home defense you want spread so you go cylindrical. But if you were expecting a 25 yard shot you would surely want much more restriction. A four foot square pattern board and a bucket of white paint will help tons. I "run what I brung" so I just limit my shots depending on gun rather than own extra chokes.
We have some real educated/experienced shotgunners who have maximized their technique... I am more the goon with a sledge hammer and chainsaw cooking supper....:rolleyes:
Brent

jeffrice6
November 24, 2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks.....Anyone else out there with some help