PDA

View Full Version : Simmons Red Dot ?

jaymce
October 17, 2008, 07:51 PM
What do you folks think about the Simmons red dot scopes. I was thinking about picking up some to throw around on several guns.

I know they are not high end but how do they hold up. I have a Barska that came on a semi-auto shotgun and it seems to be holding up alright 300 rounds or so and I got the gun used.

I am only interested in the Simmons right now as they are cheap 25-30$ depending where I get them.

Thanks

AK103K
October 17, 2008, 08:50 PM
Buy one and see how it goes. Most your out is $30. If it takes a dump, skip right up to Aimpoint, Eotech, etc, and save yourself some money.

If I had back all the money I spent on cheap red dots, I'd have enough for another Aimpoint.

Wyo Big Bore
October 17, 2008, 08:52 PM
I agree with the previous post. Save the money and buy something that is worth buying.

jaymce
October 21, 2008, 06:03 AM
Thanks for answers, response was about what I figured. I think I will pick up a couple of the Barska ones for now as I wait to get the $ together for the good stuff.

Thanks agian

Niantician
October 22, 2008, 04:44 AM
I have a $30 simmons red dot that I throw around on different guns. I bought it after reading the reviews on www.midwayusa.com. They were very good. I like mine a lot.

chris in va
October 22, 2008, 11:20 PM
I have something similar on my HiPoint carbine. Works fine, no issues. For what it's designed to do, performs as intended.