PDA

View Full Version : 8mm info

pinstripe
September 13, 2008, 07:49 PM
I just purchased some 8mm ammo at the gunshow today and the headstamp is unfamiliar to me. I will try to get a pic, but maybe this description will suffice.
Brass case, copper fmj, the primer has 3 stake marks, the headmark is 12 at 12 o'clock and 55 at 6 o'clock with a star at 3 and 9 oclock.
Any info would be very much appreciated. The ammo is clean and cheap. The packaging is a 15 round packer which states:
7.9 mm puscani metak
15 kom
sa univerzalnim zrnom
Barut Nc-05
Ser.5435 (Star symbol) 12-1955
where I typed star symbol is actually a star symbol
I imagine that 12- 1955 is manufacture date, but not for sure who made it
Let me know what you find out.
Thanks in advance.
Terry (pinstripe)

SDC
September 13, 2008, 08:11 PM
It follows the pattern for Czech ammunition, and some of the words also appear to be Czech; "puscany" means that it should be loaded on stripper clips.

pinstripe
September 14, 2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the reply. I purchased these in a sealed box and they were not on a stripper clip. That's not to say that at one time they weren't, but not when I got them. Thanks again for the reply. Do you know if this is good stuff or not?
Thanks again
Terry (pinstripe)

SDC
September 15, 2008, 06:15 AM
The Czechs make good ammo, but you have no way of knowing how this stuff has been stored over the years; also, treat it as corrosive, and flush out any gun you fire it in with lots of hot water, then clean, dry, and lightly oil.

Mike Irwin
September 15, 2008, 12:35 PM
Very likely Czech, Polish, or Hungarian.

Most likely factory 12, manufactured in 1955.

Undoubtedly corrosive primed, so you have to clean accordingly.

delloro
September 15, 2008, 03:59 PM
yugoslavian, end of story